real time web analytics
Report - - Soviet Naval Yard - Estonia, 2013 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Soviet Naval Yard - Estonia, 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kingrat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As always visited with wea5el.

Last year Latvia, this year Estonia. We were constantly told Estonia wasn't worth it, that there was nothing to see and we'd be wasting our time - PAH!

1st on the list, a completely trashed, gutted and dilapidated Soviet Naval Yard, there is nothing on the web about this place (that I can find), which is disappointing as the Baltic Fleet spent quite a lot of time in the area. As with a lot of places off the beaten track access is usually 'walk in' this particular site was a little interesting to get into but well worth it in the end and despite being 150m from the Russian border we were left to our own devices.

We discovered on our last day that it's ok to carry firearms in Estonia regardless of who you are, just as long as you have a licence. I think we'd have been a little less brazen had we have known this on day one! Anyway, I present our Soviet Naval Yard.

From across the bay
DSC_1912_zpsca0e42e1.jpg

Welcome aboard
DSC_1701_zpsc6791d86.jpg

LOOK OUT!!
DSC_1708_zps32f7e805.jpg

Truly trashed
DSC_1714_zpsb298f07f.jpg

No really it was
DSC_1553_zps862ea432.jpg

But it was full of stuff!!
DSC_1731_zpsf5139b74.jpg

We were literally walking over piles of stuff!
DSC_1734_zpscf6163a4.jpg

Some of it was really interesting
DSC_1773_zpsc8e217a6.jpg

Some of it was VERY cool
DSC_1916_zps4a99feef.jpg

Thanks for looking and feel free to visit ratsnruins as there are more from this set there.