Web
Analytics
Report - - Speed's Cottage, Wales - June 2015 | Residential Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Speed's Cottage, Wales - June 2015

matchstick

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
some bloody good shots there #tumbles , you captured the essence of the place very well , pic of the fucked landrover is a cracker , ace report too !

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
bloody good pics #tumbles , captured the place well , fucked landrover shot is my favourite !...good report on a small derp

oldskool

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hi,

i think i maybe the only person who knows the story with this house.
it was built in early 1900's, and has remained in the same family since built. the other nearby derelict cottage (blaen y cae) is owned by the same family, as the current owner used to churn butter at blaenycae as a child. not sure where you found it was sold for £230k, as far as i'm aware it was inherited by the last owners children or other relatives, i cant remember the exact connection, but its definately still in the hands of the same family.
it was lived in until about 2002, when the last owner passed away or moved into long term care, and as theres no running water in the house none of the family took it on.
it was re-roofed a few years ago though, and is regually checked on and looked after. the landrover and tractor were sold off a year or so ago.
it is a shame that the house has been trashed so much and items stolen, believe it or not the last owner was so what of a hoarder i think they said, and nearly all rooms was chocked full of stuff before it was cleared years ago when the last owner left, makes you wonder what was there originally before it was cleared out!