real time web analytics
Report - - Spillers Millennium Mills - June 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Spillers Millennium Mills - June 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

exploreasaurus

28DL Member
28DL Member
As far as I can see these old mills have been done a bit to death, however, as a first visit for a newbie, it was pretty amazing. Carbonel and I got absolutely soaked searching for a way in to the higher floors and had no luck finding the leap faith, never mind shuffling, jumping of diving across it.

A great first visit though, and I have to thank Carbonel for introducing me to the mill and to this site.

Brief history for those that don't already know Spillers Millenium Mills lies in a fifty nine acre site along the Royal Victoria Docks in the south east of London.

Founded in 1905 the Millennium Mills is perhaps most popularly associated with it’s pet food brands such as ‘Bonio’ dog biscuits and ‘Shapes’.

The Docks had closed definitively by 1984, a true relic to the industry it housed and represents.

I hope you enjoy some of these photos even though I am sure you have seen them all before and I cant even claim to have seen the spinning fan. Maybe one day soon....

All constructive criticism welcome... Thanks for having a look.

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details