real time web analytics
Report - - Sports Direct Fitness - Lincoln - December 2021 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sports Direct Fitness - Lincoln - December 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

m4dd13z666

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So, I have very little history on this place other than it shut recently.. It didn't reopen in April after lockdown I believe.
Two newspaper reports say different reasons one has that it was lease renewal issues.
The other states :
"In the email, Sports Direct Fitness wrote: "As we prepare to reopen our Fitness Clubs across England on April 12th, we are required to make some important decisions that allow our business to survive in spite of the financial pressures of multiple lockdowns over the past 12 months."

The second seems more realistic.

The Explore:
We were tipped off the place was accessible and open (which turned out correct with a bit of smart thinking)
The pumps were all still running, pool was still full and the place was ALARMED (Unknown to us at the time).
We took a few snaps round the pool, changing facility's and sauna.
Then we went to enter reception where we first noticed the alarm, it was BELLOWING! (couldn't hear it in the pool room) we got a quick snap and decided to head out rather sharpish.
I'f we had have been aware of the alarm we'd have covered ground a little quicker but tbh we had already took our time round the pool and changing so thought it was best to go.

I hope to revisit and head upstairs to finish off the pictures.
In the meantime I hope you enjoy what I did take.

The temptation to have a dip was unreal :p

Changing room entrance.

Shower outside the pool

It felt wrong to enter the gents :D not a lot to see in there anyway.

The jacuzzi.

Sauna room at the end of the changing facility hallway.

Reminds me of my shed :D

Womans changing.. Very alike to the gents changing.

The reception.. With the noisey alarm

Closed that door another snap of pool and left.

Grabbed a outside shot as we walked away.
It was raining.

Hopefully I'll get a revisit done here.

Attachments

• DSC_7160.JPG
    DSC_7160.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ahh the latest tour bus hot spot, thought about jumping on the bus myself tbf but it's almost 3 hours away!. Bit far to go just for a gym!. Did u have a swim?

m4dd13z666

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ahh the latest tour bus hot spot, thought about jumping on the bus myself tbf but it's almost 3 hours away!. Bit far to go just for a gym!. Did u have a swim?
Everyone's doing it now ain't they! Surprised we didn't walk into a party of people but I believe we were reasonably early.
Just noticed it wasn't on here so thought why not post.
No, although I really did wanna cannonball :D, only spent maybe 15 mins in there before leaving.

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Everyone's doing it now ain't they! Surprised we didn't walk into a party of people but I believe we were reasonably early.
Just noticed it wasn't on here so thought why not post.
No, although I really did wanna cannonball :D, only spent maybe 15 mins in there before leaving.
Yea it seems to be popular at the moment. Really surprised its not been sealed yet as I've heard security do come and sort the alarm out once it's been set off lol

Parysperspective

A peach, a nice welcoming peach
Banned
I’ve heard it’s been sealed now. But dunno how true it is.

I’ve had people begging me for this location and I refuse to when it’s so easy to find when it’s everywhere. Especially thanks to the guy that seemingly posted it first. I workee it out from his pics, but the locations (and alarm code) has been passed on like wildfire. But he’s also named the place on YouTube. So it’s really not hard lol.

FYI, there’s another one not too far away from this. This Lincoln one is better though. Bigger pool and less trashed. That’s ones no secret either.

Parysperspective

Banned
Yea it seems to be popular at the moment. Really surprised its not been sealed yet as I've heard security do come and sort the alarm out once it's been set off lol

On a revisit, I sat and waited for others to look around coz I’d crippled my ankle. So I decided to sit by a window and be lookout. All the alarms went off and no one came. Think I went there two-three times, and the other one twice. Loud alarms but no one comes, it seems. But as the rumour is that it’s now sealed as some div smashed a door in instead of trying the door next to it, I won’t be surprised if secca are now onto it.

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
On a revisit, I sat and waited for others to look around coz I’d crippled my ankle. So I decided to sit by a window and be lookout. All the alarms went off and no one came. Think I went there two-three times, and the other one twice. Loud alarms but no one comes, it seems. But as the rumour is that it’s now sealed as some div smashed a door in instead of trying the door next to it, I won’t be surprised if secca are now onto it.
I'm surprised it's taken them so long to seal it if it is sealed. Every time someone comes to re set the alarm they must be doing only that and not checking the rest of the building.

Parysperspective

Banned
I'm surprised it's taken them so long to seal it if it is sealed. Every time someone comes to re set the alarm they must be doing only that and not checking the rest of the building.
“They” aren’t resetting the alarm. The alarm code is being passed round (not sure how someone got the code in the first place) but without it it does stop after about 15-20min or however long it was I was sat waiting. The inside alarm goes on longer than the outside one. So there’s no need for someone to come turn it off. Which is why it’s taken so long. It’s been purely neglected. Until now if true.

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
“They” aren’t resetting the alarm. The alarm code is being passed round (not sure how someone got the code in the first place) but without it it does stop after about 15-20min or however long it was I was sat waiting. The inside alarm goes on longer than the outside one. So there’s no need for someone to come turn it off. Which is why it’s taken so long. It’s been purely neglected. Until now if true.
Ohh I see

urbanash6

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
do you know if the center is accessible from any other point if it has been sealed?
gonna check the place out later this week if i can

m4dd13z666

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
do you know if the center is accessible from any other point if it has been sealed?
gonna check the place out later this week if i can
No idea if it's still open or if there's any other access, I do know the police had put out a warning to anyone going there tho.

Who has read this thread (Total: 335) View details