real time web analytics
Report - - Spring Quarry, Corsham, 2010 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Spring Quarry, Corsham, 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Raptor Jesus

GDMEODC
28DL Full Member
I had the great pleasure of visiting this place with Thompski recently. After a quick phone call one evening, 3 hours later we were traipsing around Wiltshire's green and pleasant land in the fast receding light. Major thanks go to Vdub here for directional aid, we'dve not have managed without :thumb

First, we headed over to the murals at the far end - painted by Olga Lehmann in 1943 I believe, although feel free to correct me.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

Faggots and chips for eatings.

DSC_0026.jpg

We spent a good seven hours mooching around this place, mostly getting lost and going in circles. Because this was a spur of the moment trip, we had no maps, and little idea of what to expect. However, spring didn't disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed this place, although we didn't get to look around certain other places next door.

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

File it under 'splored':

DSC_0049.jpg

No visit would be complete without a bit of fan service :D

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

Getting out a few hours before sunrise, we headed back to the M4 for some well-needed sleep and the journey homeward. Ta for Thompski for keeping me in the loop with this one, and ta again to Vdub for phone-directing us there :thumb

Thanks for looking,

RJ