real time web analytics
Report - - Spring Quarry, Corsham. November 2009 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Spring Quarry, Corsham. November 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

spungletrumpet

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not very often that an opportunity to visit this place comes along.

The history of the site is well known to many and for any who aren't aware, a quick Google search will reveal everything you could ever want to know and more. Just for the record, there were no UFO's, no SSR and no nuclear reactors - at least in the bits we explored.

I don't have too many good photos, I take more pleasure in taking people to places they've never been before than I do out of posting pictures of them. I only have a 4MP compact camera and others take much better photos than me, as will no doubt be seen in future reports about the site.

Anyway, here's a few of the pics from one of my soirees with Freddyokel:

Some offices:
DSCN2657.jpg

One of the designated smoking areas. Unfortunately we were a few years too late to be officially allowed to spark up:
DSCN2658.jpg

Most of the storage areas had 'entry forbidden' signs, so we didn't dare go in them.
DSCN2664.jpg

Always nice to find a fully operational toilet:
DSCN2665.jpg

'Second Avenue' - A funky place to hang out with your mates at 3am:
DSCN2667.jpg

Lots of plant kicking around.
DSCN2668.jpg

Part of the extensive fire fighting facilities:
DSCN2670.jpg

Passenger and goods lifts at one of the shafts. Glad they weren't operational or we might have ended up surfacing in a live military site and got ourselves busted :p:
DSCN2675.jpg

More of the offices, I'd love to know what the 'incentives scheme' involved:
DSCN2677.jpg

It may have been a 'dead end', but it didn't mean that something gorgeous wasn't waiting around the corner:
DSCN2682.jpg

Because control kit like this isn't installed for no reason:
DSCN2686.jpg

I would love to see some of these indicator lights gleaming:
DSCN2690.jpg

I would also love to hear this little puppy generating some horsepower:
DSCN2691.jpg

Erm, lonely chair shot:
DSCN2695.jpg

I checked carefully, none of it was live. :(
DSCN2705.jpg

The sick bay was devoid of any clues to its past, apart from the withered balloon above the door:
DSCN2707.jpg

Sadly, the damp conditions have taken their toll on this bit of history;
DSCN2712.jpg

This site is, so far, relatively unspoilt. Unfortunately, someone had nicked the stretcher:
DSCN2715.jpg

"Turn the lights on when you leave"
DSCN2726.jpg

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
you lucky buggers,id have given my left ball to see that place,nice work chaps and chapets