real time web analytics
Report - - Squeezebox, Leeds - August 2012. | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Squeezebox, Leeds - August 2012.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Draynes.

Squeezebox.

After moving house earlier this year, I caught a whiff of "that drayne smell" whilst strolling towards the local hostellerie to sample their ales. Further investigation revealed a small watercourse named the Bagley Beck which ran underneath the road, entering and exiting a series of very small culverts before discharging into the River Aire at Rodley.

Further up the Beck towards Farsley, deep in uncharted undergrowth, there is a grated entrance to what has been named "Squeezebox"

Have visited on three occasions, once alone and in wellies, reaching a deep bit and having to turn back. The second visit, SammyDW, Clough, GeoVW and I were washed out when the ingress of SW from a heavy rainstorm outside sent us cartwheeling out after a massive surge almost knocked us off our feet...

Anyway, MJS, Clough and I once again took the squeeze past the grate to be presented with a lengthy rectangular concrete box section which goes on for some way.

IMG_9489.jpg

Then reaching what is guessed to be a CSO outlet (pictured right - no we didn't go up there, turdz are against LLS drain policy) with the stoopiest of stoopingtons to the left.

IMG_9485.jpg

MJS reclines on a ledge in the short, deep section.

IMG_9481.jpg

Following on to this brick arched part.

IMG_9475.jpg

IMG_9477.jpg

Couple of twists and turns.

IMG_9471.jpg

IMG_9474.jpg

Leading to this RCP

IMG_9466.jpg

And to this stone / concrete convergence where our journey ended due to general back pain.

IMG_9467.jpg

Backfuckjunction - Clough.

IMG_9464.jpg

Cheers for looking.​