Web
Analytics
Report - - St. Agnes Church and School Detroit, Mi January 2012 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - St. Agnes Church and School Detroit, Mi January 2012

Slimspidey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I took these this past Sunday.

The Church was finished in 1924 but I couldn't find out the finish date of the school. The materials would indicate they were built at the same time. Also there are three main buildings connected by a tunnel that link the church to the school and boiler room.

I didn't get a chance to run the tunnel from the church to the boiler room as there was a group or 'tourists', hood tourists making all kinds of noise and the cops rolled by a few times.

I was able to rescue some original blue prints that were stashed in the basement of the rectory. I normally don't take ANYTHING but I was able to get the prints to a very thankful Detroit Historical Society connection I have.

_DSC5662.jpg

The school is to the right of the church.

_DSC5621.jpg

side.jpg

_DSC5635.jpg

pano.jpg

The last two shots were from the organ balcony, the scrappers have made quick work of the organ pipes and other precious metals.

_DSC5633.jpg

Stairs leading to said balcony

_DSC5630.jpg

_DSC5628.jpg

_DSC5626.jpg

_DSC5624.jpg

The basement of the church is showing A LOT of water damage.

_DSC5660.jpg

_DSC5661.jpg

A stage in the basement

Here are some shots from inside the school.

_DSC5666.jpg

_DSC5667.jpg

_DSC5664.jpg

_DSC5672.jpg

_DSC5671.jpg

_DSC5673.jpg

From the roof of the school

roof.jpg

Attachments

Last edited: