real time web analytics
Report - - St.Alphage House - London Wall - Oct' 2011 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St.Alphage House - London Wall - Oct' 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

OliverT

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I didn't know whether to post this in members or not, so if it's in the wrong section could it be moved please..

St Alphage House is a 1960s office block on Fore Street in the City of London. It was built by the developer Maurice Wingate to a design by Maurice Sanders Associates. It is named after Saint Alphege.
It was announced in 2009 that the building was to be "stripped out" by the City of London Corporation for tax reasons.
The site has been proposed for redevelopment on numerous occasions. The contractor Hammerson, has won permission to redevelop the site based on a design by Make.

Visited with Ratfink, Flexo and non-member Half-Life.

This was our fourth attempt after being thwarted by blocked staircases and on one occasion, a Gurkha.
We were all pretty happy to have finally reached the top, and it was definitely worth it.. I can see why people call it the best rooftop in London.

untitled-6331-1size.gif

View attachment 385777

View attachment 385778

View attachment 385779

View attachment 385780

View attachment 385781

View attachment 385782

View attachment 385783

:thumb

Flexo

28DL Member
28DL Member
Productive day, after having been on two previous attempts on this one I was pretty happy to finally make it to the top.
Somehow after all the stairs I managed to take some snaps, they're pretty similar to Ollie's but hey.

DSC_0260-1.jpg

DSC_0331-1.jpg

DSC_0388-1.jpg

DSC_0386-1.jpg

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details