real time web analytics
Report - - St Andrews, Bromley-By-Bow, London, Nov 2011 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Andrews, Bromley-By-Bow, London, Nov 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

leanrascal

social constructionist
28DL Full Member
Place: St Andrews
Height: 95 metres (estimate)
Done with Mito

It had been a while. Long enough for me to put on a few pounds and for Mito to wonder if he could still legitimately call himself an explorer. Had we become ex-explorers? I didn’t think so. Life and circumstances may sometimes get in the way, but being an explorer is a state of mind, not a minimum number of explores to do each year. Still, after so long, we decided to leave the adrenaline-inducing security-heavy urban night explores we were used to for the more sedate pleasures of visiting an abandoned medical centre in quiet suburbia in a the middle of a week day. Unfortunately, as we drove past, we realised that the Buckston Browne Farm was infested with workmen already busy reconverting the abandoned buildings into, well, something habitable. We may have cursed our bad luck at the time, but fate must have stuck two fingers up to sedate explores on our behalf, and a few days later we were back on our way up a crane where we feel so comfortable and at home. That feeling of excitement as we climb up the ladders, this repetitive almost meditative rhythm of each step up, and the feeling of elation as we reach the top, and look around, on top of the world, with views that took our breath away. We had regained our dignity as explorers, eradicated any self-doubt we may have felt, and discovered a renewed enthusiasm for cranes, London, friendship, urban exploration, night-time adventures and life in general. We are well and truly back.

P1050118-1.jpg

…drool…

20a.jpg

Red star in the dark

20c.jpg

Do I sound old if I call it the Millenium Dome?

20d.jpg

Canary Wharf looking cool

20e.jpg

I walk on there and I fly

20f.jpg

Monumental Shard

20g.jpg

My eye always goes back to the London Eye

20h.jpg

Mito having a good time

20i.jpg

Olympic Stadium and jib

20j.jpg

Jib and Olympic Stadium

20k.jpg

Jib and sky

20l.jpg

WTF man shouldn’t you be in bed

20m.jpg

Jib and cabin

20n.jpg

Under the belly of the beast first episode

20p.jpg

Under the belly of the beast second episode

20q.jpg

Stairway to Mito

mito

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Heres a few of mine. Fun night indeed, felt good to be back out and up.

IMG_5587-ww.jpg

Looking down...
IMG_5588.jpg

And out to the docklands, about the only narrow shot that I got that was anything approaching clear, it was a pretty windy night...
IMG_5606.jpg

IMG_5636-800.jpg

I felt obligated to climb up to the crows nest...

IMG_5640.jpg

IMG_5643-bs.jpg

For you architects out there, its the one on the right...
sapl.jpg