real time web analytics
Report - - St Andrews Hospital, Norwich - January 2016 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Andrews Hospital, Norwich - January 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
I decided to have a swing by here as it had been a while... In fact a long long time as I hate the place as it was photos I took here that when I plugged the camera into the computer it killed the computer along with a few years of family, holiday and exploring pictures and it was long before I knew how important it was to back up your files etc etc etc.

I had been past it a good few times while working and knew exactly what was going on with the demo of the site. I also failed another time to get in but was not fussed as I knew I had seen the good bits and they were slowly vanishing.

But I went out with the camera with @clareexplores to have a little look at what was left now that the builders have gone...... Well there is not much too see now.. A long corridor with a few rooms and now way to access the other floors and the morgue is all that remains.

History
The Norfolk Lunatic Asylum was situated in Yarmouth Road, Thorpe St Andrew near Norwich. Opened in April 1814 and closed in 1998 and slowly bit by bit the site has been turned into completely over priced houses on one side of the road and over the other the old tower now just sits all on its own

1A8A1666_zpsz4epck8d.jpg

1A8A1658_zpsfyfsrc46.jpg

1A8A1657_zpsf0hmkwtu.jpg

1A8A1656_zpsii1enb0o.jpg

1A8A1652_zpsktef15mv.jpg

1A8A1651_zpsxi7ojz25.jpg

1A8A1649_zpsmsfa99s7.jpg

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
It's looking a bit Rauceby like on its own. Doesn't look like they have any immediate plans to do anything with that bit then... this bit is part of the original grade II listing I presume?

clareexplores

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Absolutely love the imposing picture of outside of the place. Those yellow painted window frames really add a nice detail in the morgue as well. Thanks for making me feel safe on both explores today!

kingnothing41

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice report man, I know its always expected, but its a shame to see whats happened to this place over the years.

Seeing a report on this place is actually what got me first into urbex, it wasn't even on this site, I don't even know where it was, but i'm sure it was about some fella almost getting caught by security. Seems like such a long time again. It was nice to see it again!

Tawny Fawn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went up to have a look at this place last Sunday and was really sad about how much of it has vanished! Nice to see a report on the place before it completely disappears though. Great report!

Vapeexpert86

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
only the main building still exists last time i went about a month ago, unfortunately most things around this area get knocked down or vandalized to a point of no recollection.same goes for pinebanks unfortunately i missed that one,if you want then hit me up