real time web analytics
Report - - St Anne's, Altrincham, Cheshire - 22/01/2007 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Anne's, Altrincham, Cheshire - 22/01/2007

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

C

Cheshire Cat

Went for a gander with Troublet18 and Romanian1 showed us around what is a pretty big place. The way in was a bit erm... troublesome to say the least when you have pathetic upper arm strength like myself but it was definetly worth the effort! Firstly we headed down into the cellars which seemed to be covered in sand : don't have a clue why but there must have been tons of it. We found a couple of X-rays down there and hundreds of Death records! Also came across some old fashioned tape player and a couple of tapes that i can only assume were recordings of mental patients in treatment. We then moved up and checked out the ground floor. Half of the rooms were alarmed and run off car batteries so we stayed clear of them. I don't know how many floors there were it was all a bit confusing but the views from the attic across Manchester were stunning. The Beetham tower was clearly visable. I did take a pic but my camera is appauling at night time shots! R-one then took us to ,what was pretty creapy, a sound proof room. You can only imagine what that was used for. In the attic of another part of the hospital we found personal belongings. Thousands of books and even 2 car manuals. Found 4 cuddly toys on the trip don't have a clue why they were there as as far as I know no children were ever there. After over a hour of exploring we decided to head off. Definetly a worth while visit. The jewel in the crown of Altrincham!

I got 100 pics in all will only put on a few. Here's a couple...

Picture408.jpg
Picture414.jpg
Picture415.jpg
Picture420.jpg
Picture431.jpg
Picture437.jpg

Some More Pic's......

Picture443.jpg
Picture453.jpg
Picture455.jpg
Picture457.jpg
Picture459.jpg
Picture461.jpg
Picture471.jpg
Picture482.jpg
Picture498.jpg

Went for a lil' revisit today with Romanian1. Thanks to R-one access has been made considerably easier. Thanks for that one :thumb. And for all you folks that seemed to love the cuddly toys and the Daily Star pic we found more :thumb

Picture464.jpg

Picture482-1.jpg

Picture485.jpg