real time web analytics
Information - - St Augstine's Chartham Gone May 2017 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - St Augstine's Chartham Gone May 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Reece walker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went to St Augstine's last week and was met with disappointment it is in the process of being demolished and security is all over the place I walked past it and a security guard stopped me told me to go back and followed me to the car and started taking pictures of my car reg and got into an argument with the guard as he was saying he is taking them to give to the police even though I didn't step foot in St Augstine's so another guard came along and he explained that they are taking pictures of everyones number plates and if they see the same car over and over they will give it to the police as they have had a lot of problems with kids smashing things and fires last few months. The security is tight as hell and not the kind you want to mess with Gurka security guards and they have cars and bikes so very hard and he stands right at the entrance to the field that takes you there. Like some people St Augstine's is the place where it all started out for me and my love for going to abandoned places and was the last Lunatic Asylum left in Kent as Leybourne has now been demolished.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I went to St Augstine's last week and was met with disappointment it is in the process of being demolished and security is all over the place I walked past it and a security guard stopped me told me to go back and followed me to the car and started taking pictures of my car reg and got into an argument with the guard as he was saying he is taking them to give to the police even though I didn't step foot in St Augstine's so another guard came along and he explained that they are taking pictures of everyones number plates and if they see the same car over and over they will give it to the police as they have had a lot of problems with kids smashing things and fires last few months. The security is tight as hell and not the kind you want to mess with Gurka security guards and they have cars and bikes so very hard and he stands right at the entrance to the field that takes you there. Like some people St Augstine's is the place where it all started out for me and my love for going to abandoned places and was the last Lunatic Asylum left in Kent as Leybourne has now been demolished.

Such a shame the old place had to go. It was one of my favorite explores, and I did it several times from 2013 to Dec 2016. I wonder where the bats got relocated too :(

LeeOAW

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
ITs weird that they still have fencing round the bottom and the lane blocked off. Did they not fully demolish?