real time web analytics
Report - - St Augustines Asylum - September 2013 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Augustines Asylum - September 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ChrisHowell

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey All
I've been meaning to post this report for a while however the hard drive I used to store the images was damaged. Luckily enough I recently managed to extract the pictures so here ya go :)

Back in September 2013 I went to St Augustines Asylum in Canterbury with a friend. A good majority of the asylum was knocked down when it closed and replaced by a housing estate. The clock tower and church still remain but have been converted and modernised. However the out buildings including the sports hall behind the housing estate still remain.

This is the first building we came across which has a theatre hall along with patient and administration rooms.

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

We then ventured into the first building. As you can see there was a lot of debree and the building had seen better days. Exploring the place had to be taken with a lot of caution as there was lots of sudden holes in the floor that lead to the basement.

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

After the first building, We then decided to venture towards the Sport hall.

Upon entering the sport hall, I came across a disturbing part in the reception area. It seemed to be a fresh pool of blood (or at least I thought it was blood.) There were also crumbled up bits of tissue with blood on it around the building. This was pretty disturbing to say the least and we did not stumble into anyone else during our visit.

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

After this discovery We decided to brave it and continue exploring the sport hall.

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

We then explored the last out building to the east of the sport hall.

IMG_0829.jpg

The inside of this building was not too different to the first building we visited, just with more obscure graffiti. :)

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

I really did enjoy my visit here and would like to visit it again at some point.
I hoped you enjoyed this report. Any feedback is as always welcome.

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That blood looks fresh :eek: would not be sticking around there if that was me, I'll tell you that

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Its completely gone now. I have 100s of photos of here. I saw the blood on more than one occasion. Was going to do a report soon from my back catalogue , another great explore bits the dust. There are houses already up on it now :(

ChrisHowell

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That is a shame! it was quite an interesting place to explore. theres less and less places like these now

ChrisHowell

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its completely gone now. I have 100s of photos of here. I saw the blood on more than one occasion. Was going to do a report soon from my back catalogue , another great explore bits the dust. There are houses already up on it now :(
was the blood fresh when you explored that place?

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details