real time web analytics
Report - - St Augustines Psychiatric Hospital June 2011 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Augustines Psychiatric Hospital June 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Siren

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A little background on this location - St Augustine’s Hospital (1875–1993) was a psychiatric hospital in Chartham, Kent. It was founded as the second, or East, Kent County Asylum in 1872. In 1948 the hospital became part of the National Health Service and was renamed St Augustine's Hospital. The hospital gained notoriety in the 1970s when it was the subject of a committee of inquiry into malpractice and mismanagement. St Augustine's Hospital closed in 1993 and the site is now occupied by housing, although a few of the original hospital buildings remain.

Visited with UrbanKitty & TheSarge.

Our last location on the Kent expedition, we went on the first day of the heatwave a few weeks back. There is literally only a couple of buildings left on this site, and you can see the buildings from the road at the top of the hillside. A unexpected treasure!

Enjoy the photos! :p

DSC02390.jpg

Forgotten Childhood

DSC02376.jpg

DSC02288.jpg

DSC02290.jpg

DSC02296.jpg

DSC02297.jpg

DSC02309.jpg

Dont forget your dustmask people ;)

DSC02321.jpg

Care for a tune?

DSC02331.jpg

DSC02349.jpg

Whatever happened to leave only foot prints :rolleyes:

DSC02352.jpg

For me and all the other Tool fans out there, I was so excited to find these lyrics on the wall *bounce*

DSC02365.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

Happy kitty is happy!

DSC02380.jpg

What....no Mr Frosty? Naw, I wasnt allowed one either :mad:

I dont normally but I thought sod it, a silly one for the hell of it:

funny.jpg

Thanks for taking a peek!!

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details