real time web analytics
St Bartholomew's Church, Newington Bagpath - July 2020 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

St Bartholomew's Church, Newington Bagpath - July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ozikkk

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi guys, yet another short thread.

Unfortunately, I and my friend didn't manage to get inside of the Church. I am aware that the land is now owned privately, however from what I've read the owner cannot start work as he cannot enter the farmland which surrounds the Church grounds.

Some History:
The Church itself was found in the 12th century. From what I found. it was closed in 1978. The Church is of Norman foundation, the design itself is the work of S.S. Teulon.
The proposal as to what might happen with this building is as follows:
"It is proposed to convert the redundant church into a one-bedroom dwelling with a 10m by 9m parking area at the rear of the church that would be accessed via the existing gates on the western boundary. Access to these gates from the highway would be via a right of way across the adjoining land."

Apart from some photos I took, I'll also attach some plans for the building itself if anyone's interested in that.

This would be the back entrance to the Church, there is one at the front as well.

The only image from the inside which I've got, the doors were sealed and the only way to open was having some tools, but I did not have any with me + that would be breaking and entering ;)

Found this a bit creepy. After visiting so many places, it gets less and less spooky but this definitely gave me a certain vibe...

I wonder if the bodies are still buried there? Obviously some of these graves date back to the early nineteen hundreds, so I'm guessing they would've decomposed?
The ground beneath us was very very soft, it felt wrong exploring this area of the grounds...

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
They would be decomposed as that happens very quickly to an unembalmed body. An embalmed body can take a lot long dependant on how well the embalming was, the soil, moisture, etc some can be mummified but most I believe it can take 8 to 12 years. Some sooner. I expect the skeltons are there, as with a reciting they remove headstones. The decision to re site is not taken lightly either .

Ozikkk

28DL Member
28DL Member
They would be decomposed as that happens very quickly to an unembalmed body. An embalmed body can take a lot long dependant on how well the embalming was, the soil, moisture, etc some can be mummified but most I believe it can take 8 to 12 years. Some sooner. I expect the skeltons are there, as with a reciting they remove headstones. The decision to re site is not taken lightly either .
Ah lovely. Thanks for that, Jane coming to the rescue again ;)