real time web analytics
Report - - St Crispins Asylum, Northampton - Oct 2018. | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Crispins Asylum, Northampton - Oct 2018.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rob73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Long time site lurker with a few individual explores under my belt, but this is my first report here.

Being a relative newbie to the world of UrbEx, I know I've missed out on most of the cool asylum stuff, but really wanted to see the scale of the site before it changes anymore than it has done already.
Apologies to the many of you that have been here already.

This place, St Crispins, has a huge history.

Opened in 1876, St Crispins was a large psychiatric hospital, which later became a military hospital site during World War 1 before returning to use as a mental hospital once the war had finished, before finally closing its doors in 1995.

The site is currently being redeveloped for residential use, but the original clock tower still stands dominant, towering above the remaining buildings.

The site is huge and beautiful and really gives you insight into times gone.

Massively long corridors yet very little obvious signs of wards and patients rooms.

I hope you enjoy the pics.

3H7A7081.jpg

3H7A7159.jpg

rsz_3h7a7109-edit.jpg

rsz_3h7a7119.jpg

rsz_3h7a7088-edit.jpg

3H7A7065.jpg

rsz_3h7a7118.jpg

rsz_3h7a7090.jpg

rsz_3h7a7092.jpg

rsz_3h7a7130.jpg

rsz_3h7a7091.jpg

rsz_3h7a7093.jpg

rsz_3h7a7143.jpg

rsz_3h7a7146.jpg

rsz_3h7a7111.jpg

rsz_3h7a7103.jpg

rsz_3h7a7071.jpg

Thumper

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report and photographs, still in very good condition considering all the activity! Nice to see before it's gone.

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Really looking sorry for itself now isn't it :( you did well with what's there though!

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
The ward blocks are going, admin and the clock are staying.

From the Planning Application - Demolition of the existing ward blocks, restoration of the clock tower and conversion to residential use comprising 13no apartments, restoration of the administration building and conversion to residential use to provide 4no apartments, the erection of 120no apartments and 98no houses (235no dwellings in total) with associated roads and underground car parks

Session9

A life backwards
28DL Full Member
Nice snaps there. Sad not more of the site can be rescued for redevelopment.

Who has read this thread (Total: 245) View details