real time web analytics
Report - - St Crispins, Northampton - May 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Crispins, Northampton - May 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

fairyclarey

Never stop exploring :)
28DL Full Member
Second trip to St crispins Lunatic Asylum in Northampton

some history

St crispins was a large psychiatric hospital built in 1876 its first name was Berrywood the site itself was poisoned with views of farmland towards Upton the grounds were complete with there own farm complex , gas works, burial grounds and staff buildings.
By world war ll St crispins reached its most occupants and ownership was taken over by the national health services its closure was in 1995 due to services being developed else where most of the site is left derelict

when we arrived there is was such a lovely day and the way the light was shining on the tower it looked so beautiful. As Wondered over there one the locals came out one of flats around started shouting at us we answered but carried on anyway we were having a wonder around, an couple of our group were on the way over to us they phoned said the police were on the way in so they found us after a game of hide an seek. Then they us what we were doing so we explained lucky for us they let us wonder around for 15 before leading us off which the locals loved us for :)

23wn13t.jpg

28sq6nl.jpg

2i6zbki.jpg

sphsv9.jpg

2pqm2qu.jpg

2mq6p1k.jpg

rbzint.jpg

Last edited:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bloody Neighbours....tell me about it lol

Good pics considering the limited time available :thumb

Pity it was "Poisoned" with views over Farmland though :)

ExpoLight

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I like that place, looks a bit like Kesteven County Asylum at Sleaford. Thers more of it left there at Northhampton what a great site. I like the pictures very inspiring. Its nice to go to a site where there are not too many fences to climb over, or the wrong type of people are hanging arround. Nice work

fairyclarey

28DL Full Member
Thanks guys my first vist was darkness so we wondered round freely was qutie spooky in the first building with tiny rooms an massive doors but think this vist may have been far fetched as we found out lol
must say how friendly Northampton police were compared to the locals :D

ExpoLight

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The best thing is to wear are high viz jackets, I wore on at RAF Stenigot, most locals think you are an official walking around they tend not to bother you. It worked for me there. Its the only time I have worn 1. It depends on the site to be honest. As Stenigot is very open, thers a few houses near it where the bunker is. I would return that site at St Crispins and take some more pics later as you live near it. Nocton Hospital is my local haunt here. Nice taster once again

fairyclarey

28DL Full Member
Northamptonshire is over an hour an half drive for me but I cant wait to go back there. we all said we should have worn a high vizs think they locals thought they were going to get a show of arrests not us walking round having a tour with the police even showed them the old cameras in the projector room :)