real time web analytics
Report - - St Edward's Boys Home, Coleshill, January 2013 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Edward's Boys Home, Coleshill, January 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Sid-Oxide

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Built in 1906 this huge building was both a home and place of education for orphaned children. Formally run and still owned by the catholic church it has been disused for the past 16 years. Several years after it's closure reports of child abuse marred the buildings history and possibly prevented any chance the structure would find another use.

A few days earlier we had scouted the site for access points, strangely this had led to us chatting with several local couples out walking their dogs who were quite enthusiastic that anyone should be there with a camera as opposed to a spray can. Sadly we learned that the local council is currently seeking to demolish the site and re-develop it. We also bumped into magpie423 & crew - thanks for the mention in your report :thumb

On the return visit we opted for the 'look like your supposed to be there' approach and parked up in the care home / convent car park behind. After a quick visit to St Joseph's Residential Home (report to follow) we finally located an access point to the Boys home and were in. The CHAVS have sadly had a field day in almost every room but with it being in such a residential area that's to be expected, still at least we didn't encounter piles of larger cans or hypos, in addition all of the graffiti was spelled correctly so well done Coleshill education authority :p: After spending a couple of hours we realised we hadn't even done 2/3 of the building so a return daytime visit may be on the cards, after all it may not be there for much longer.....

8354252369_da882d4501_c.jpg

8357746224_399836615c_z.jpg

8354251631_6267925945_z.jpg

8354252239_937b24f9d7_z.jpg

8355314198_ee5db90eb3_z.jpg

8355314128_bdca31572e.jpg

BTW my DLSR was having none of the low light conditions so I had to drop back to my trusty DSC-H7, hope the pics are up to scratch.

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details