real time web analytics
Report - - St Edwards Boys Home & St Gerards Hospital, Coleshill - May 2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Edwards Boys Home & St Gerards Hospital, Coleshill - May 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Raddog

28DL Full Member
Visit with Sammydoublewhammy and OT

We'd planned to go to this on Friday but planning and commitments got in the way. Just as well really because over the weekend Oldskool and the others had a handy hint that there was more to see here.

It's a strange site, a real mix of live and abandoned all in a well kept suburban village. St Edwards Home for Boys was one of those Catholic places where they look after you a bit too intimately, over the past twenty years this became much less acceptable so it inevitably was shut down. On the same site has been some kind of cottage hospital, it's really old and is somewhere between closing, partially disused or abandoned. The gardener is still working anyway...

So heres some pictures:

ee4794bf.jpg

0cf7bfad.jpg

185528dd.jpg

WOW, the ACTUAL Steve Thompson....
a9e37b93.jpg

6c622a6a.jpg

dc9976a7.jpg

69709e38.jpg

6cc510fb.jpg

Showers. Perfect for touching boys in.
312391af.jpg

00b3de0b.jpg

Pants. Not Boys Pants.
f487fdbe.jpg

Errr, I'm a Medical Inspector, these are my interests.
48b52390.jpg

2b0f80f4.jpg

I'm joining the stroke club...
e6bc7d2a.jpg

So that was pretty cool, then out the back there's the hidden epic of what must be the oldest, most original sanatorium\TB ward ever. Or something like that. This is unique, you've never seen any thing like it, all the walls are like stable doors so the patients can take the air. Plus the crazy old wheelchair too.

58429370.jpg

a8246ad5.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details