real time web analytics
Report - - St George’s Hospital, Morpeth - June 2016 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St George’s Hospital, Morpeth - June 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tezo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
little History.... The facility was designed by Henry Welch, the County Surveyor of Northumberland, using a corridor plan layout and opened as the Northumberland County Asylum in March 1859. It was extended in the 1880s and three villas were added in the 1890s, before it was renamed St George's Hospital in the 1930s.
Founded: 1859

about the explore.... i seen this posted number of times and i thought i try and find it on google maps.. after a good few minutes i found the location and gathered my little group and we set off. When arriving at the place i thought we mays well go and see some moo moos before we adventre in.. After saying hi to the local cows we had a look around the outside and see if we could get in. after walking all away around we found 2 entry points so we squeezed thro the fence and ran into the first building incase we got caught... after a good 3 - 4 hours wondering around and seen every inch of the buildings we headed off home for a nice cuppa and a bacon sarnie :D

st georges 10.jpg
st georges 11.jpg
st georges 12.jpg
st georges 26.jpg
st georges 47.jpg
st georges 47.jpg
st georges 48.jpg
st georges 49.jpg
st georges 50.jpg
st georges 51.jpg
st georges 52.jpg
st georges 1 - Copy.jpg
st georges 2.jpg
st georges 3.jpg
st georges 4.jpg
st georges 5.jpg
st georges 6.jpg
st georges 7.jpg
st georges 8.jpg
st georges 9.jpg
st georges 13.jpg
st georges 14.jpg
st georges 15.jpg
st georges 16.jpg
st georges 17.jpg
st georges 18.jpg
st georges 19.jpg
st georges 20.jpg
st georges 21.jpg
st georges 22.jpg

View attachment 793989

tezo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice update on the place, looks like they have been busy stripping out a lot for redevelopment.
these pictures wer from 2016. they wer ripping the floors up and stacking them up like lego lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 154) View details