real time web analytics
Report - - St Georges Hospital Mortuary - Morpeth - August 2016 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Georges Hospital Mortuary - Morpeth - August 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Krypton

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Had a quick fleeting visit to St Georges today to see how things were getting along. Demolition is well in progress but it also means some previously inaccessible areas are now in-fact accessible.

I have visited here countless times now and found what I thought was the mortuary building but it was always well secured with the infamous St Georges black boards. Turns out I was right. It's rather disappointing as it looks as if its been very recently stripped, although I'm fairly confident the slab was removed some time ago whilst the hospital was still in use as they are no markings on the floor to indicate the presence of one.

Anyway, here's a few iPhone photos and a couple others of the hospital.

28488789374_8bc79c867d_z.jpg

28488786784_d4f618bd3f_z.jpg

Workshops and garages on the left

28491703803_64024e40d2_z.jpg

The Mortuary building in the middle..

28488775284_c80f6d0933_z.jpg

Fridges

28823602230_4e257bb11c_z.jpg

28823598390_790dfd7ea2_z.jpg

Records

There could be some other interesting areas to see such as workshops and garages, and the 'back of house' kinda buildings that had always been blocked off. Sadly the boiler house has gone. If I have more time next week I'll have a pop back.

Anyone interested in some previous photos of the hospital could look HERE

I'm told that the Main Admin Block including the front ward buildings either side, chapel, main tower, and also a rather ornate rear building at the back of the hall are to be retained and incorporated into the new development.

Krypton :)

Last edited:

Space-womble

28DL Member
28DL Member
I picked up the courage to visit this place last week and like Krypton says building work was very much in process. When i got there security was very tight and clocked me and pointed me to the site managers office,as i've yet to pick up the courage to venture in a place i bottled it and went visit the Managers office to see if i could have a butchers ,guess what "you can but stick to the new hospital side on outside of barriers",these 6ft tall barriers seem to be all around .so i did pop round the outside.
I did notice what looks like the records dept from your photos has been vandalized as the cabinets are mostly horizontal.

Gutted that i didn't just jump in with both feet,might have to to see if you guys fancy meeting up,but anyhow i digress,the building looks absolutely stunning,certainly some tales in that place. The builders look like thay have knocked particular parts and just left in disarray,think this maybe to stop folk and pikees popping in,but i don't think it'll be standing much longer. I did get a few external photos,which i'll try to upload.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
We got nabbed by the security and he said it was on hold because of the bats or some such mumbo jumbo. Might be old news tho.

Glad you got a few pictures of this even if it was a bit stripped. We were planning to look for it when i went with @clebby but he wanted to see the admin and then the man had to kindly show us out before we had a chance!

Krypton

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We got nabbed by the security and he said it was on hold because of the bats or some such mumbo jumbo. Might be old news tho.

Glad you got a few pictures of this even if it was a bit stripped. We were planning to look for it when i went with @clebby but he wanted to see the admin and then the man had to kindly show us out before we had a chance!

Was he inside the buildings?

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Not really. (Not that theres much definition between building and outside with the place half demolished.)

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
He came in to find us! Tbf we were being rather noisy, especially as I tripped over the same radiator pipe twice, with progressively louder curses each time!

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
He came in to find us! Tbf we were being rather noisy, especially as I tripped over the same radiator pipe twice, with progressively louder curses each time!

It did make the loudest noise ever too. If only we'd hidden for longer.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice to see the Mortuary finally :thumb Ironic it"s in the area that always had a secca presence near it .

The Boiler house was one of the first things to go along with the old Nurses/Doctors? houses. There"s a few signs up regarding the "Bat" issue by the new site entrance, but they were all in Polish (June) so i"d guess that Bats are roosting and they"re not supposed to kill them.......on purpose. As for them actually removing all the roof slates & joists in the buildings they roost in ;)

scrappy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice to see the new parts mate. I thought this had gone years ago until recently.