real time web analytics
Report - - St John's Hospital, Chelmsford - Part 2 - 06/10/07 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St John's Hospital, Chelmsford - Part 2 - 06/10/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

D

Dead Calm

Following on from my earlier thread, a revisit was decided upon by me and Fieldy.

This time it was a slightly more decent time of day than the last one... lol

Some pics are similar to previous ones but we did also find some bits I hadn't done before, so that was good.

Oh, and we also found a morgue... ;) but access isn't particularly concealed so we gave it a miss! (and I'm not even sure if it's disused??)

There has definitely been pikey activity on site since I was last there though, with what looks like major disappearance of pipework in some cases :rolleyes:

Anyway, small(ish :eek:) selection of pics below, lots more (of varying quality) on photobucket :)

DSCF3227.jpg

DSCF3267.jpg

DSCF3315.jpg

I love the way these steps are worn away from 100+ years of use :)
DSCF3318.jpg

Does anyone know what these are for? We couldn't work out if they were for cigarettes or ventilation lol
DSCF3323.jpg

DSCF3325.jpg

DSCF3335.jpg

DSCF3355.jpg

The enemy! lol
DSCF3368.jpg

DSCF3371.jpg

DSCF3374.jpg

DSCF3409.jpg

DSCF3416.jpg

DSCF3418.jpg

DSCF3421.jpg

We did manage to do the now disused nurses quarters. Judging from the massive crack in the wall, subsidence has condemned the place, but pikey activity has now rendered it a mould-filled health hazard... :rolleyes: :eek: (Fieldy gave it a rating of Zero out of 10 LoL)
DSCF3450.jpg

DSCF3452.jpg

And, finally, with a full memory card meaning I was shooting at 0.3mp, the morgue...
DSCF3458.jpg

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Exhausted

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi :)
It's wonderful to see your photos! I worked in the operating theatres of St. John's many moons ago.... so seeing these images is a fabulous trip down memory lane.
I also lived on-site, in nurse accommodation called 'The Orchards'. It was a building situation at the very bottom of the Hospital grounds, with a large row of conifers. The photo you have posted, showing the old telephone cover on the wall, is in that building. Made many calls there lol!
If i may ask, and i know it's a long shot as it was so long ago, but if you have any other photos that you would be willing to share, it truly would mean a great deal to me, especially of the Nurses accommondation building, inside or out.
I'm new to this site and so don't really know what i'm doing, but assume you can contact me via here, anyway, thank you again... and it would be lovely to hear back from you.
Kind regards.