real time web analytics
St John's Methodist church, Tunbridge Wells - 08/2020 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

St John's Methodist church, Tunbridge Wells - 08/2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Natashalucy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
DONT KNOW ANY HISTORY ON THIS PLACE REALLY JUST DROVE PAST AND DICOVERED IT.
The Methodist Church is situated to the North of Tunbridge Wells. The Church places a strong emphasis on Biblical teaching and has a wide range of ages and backgrounds across its congregation.
The Church was built in 1858 and can be seen right across the town.
I believe the church is temporarily closed and they have plans to re develop and have some work done but may reopen in September.

The explore...
Every single window and door was boarded but with a bit of thinking we was able to get in.
Not really too much to see inside but there was a pretty cool organ.
There was evidence of people being inside previously.

Attachments

• SANY0021.JPG
    SANY0021.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
You couldnt find any history on this, yet quote something from google. You called it just abandoned Methodist church, when clearly its under construction & called St Johns. You leave out location in title bar, yet say its situated north of Tunbridge Wells. But the address is actually Tunbridge Wells!

Sorry to be negative, but why so vague, please follow forum format. It wasnt hard to find this out.

Natashalucy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You couldnt find any history on this, yet quote something from google. You called it just abandoned Methodist church, when clearly its under construction & called St Johns. You leave out location in title bar, yet say its situated north of Tunbridge Wells. But the address is actually Tunbridge Wells!

Sorry to be negative, but why so vague, please follow forum format. It wasnt hard to find this out.

Little to no history of the place that’s why I described as I did and it was late I couldn’t actually find much on the place itself at a quick glance as we only drove past. Wasn’t to sure if it was advisable posting the exact name of the place which is why I removed photos with names etc but next time I will. Cheers for your advice I don’t normally post

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Little to no history of the place that’s why I described as I did and it was late I couldn’t actually find much on the place itself at a quick glance as we only drove past. Wasn’t to sure if it was advisable posting the exact name of the place which is why I removed photos with names etc but next time I will. Cheers for your advice I don’t normally post
Sorry if I was blunt, Im not normally. Just weve had an influx of abandoned this, that & other. And most are just ordinary houses. Its everyday at the moment. Just an off day. Sorry again. CJ

ultimateninjaworrier

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Two good friends of mine were the last to live in the coach house annexe it's attached to. Some of those strongbow cans are probably mine (I have actually thrown up in that very sink). It was under permanent threat of redevelopment but had fallen through at every turn so they managed to get about three years longer of cheaper rent than they signed up for.

Shame you didn't get in the loft space, its probably more impressive than the church itself. There was a host of ancient documents up in the loft and some rather dandy old fire extinguishers. While it could be considered a little RightMove urbex, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is still standing and further decayed in 5 years time.

Who has read this thread (Total: 149) View details