real time web analytics
Report - - St Joseph's Orphanage, Preston - June 2019 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Joseph's Orphanage, Preston - June 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

NEED_A_NAME

28DL Member
28DL Member
How did you get past security....?? Tried twice at night... Two different entry points... Both times he's set off alarm so we had to bail

RJMmcr

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
this place is probably pointless visiting now because they started ripping it out when I went back in July. if you look carefully and can climb you will be in. i wouldn't recommend it at night though haha

NEED_A_NAME

28DL Member
28DL Member
this place is probably pointless visiting now because they started ripping it out when I went back in July. if you look carefully and can climb you will be in. i wouldn't recommend it at night though haha
We tried at night, went in dark without using lights and still got caught going through the trees

Are you local to the Liverpool / Preston area then?

RJMmcr

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Manchester, security was non exisitent when i went but by the sounds of things you were either very unlucky or they have stepped it up. Night isn't the best idea because this place is scary in the day haha

Johnbob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report. I think the morgue table has gone it was on ground floor. It never was a morgue just a store room with a morgue table. The morgue has long gone. Glad to see it finally getting done up.
Hi Gents... the morgue table is still there (or was last week)

Attachments

• IMG_20191121_140218.jpg
    IMG_20191121_140218.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20191121_140333.jpg
    IMG_20191121_140333.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 31

Johnbob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Manchester, security was non exisitent when i went but by the sounds of things you were either very unlucky or they have stepped it up. Night isn't the best idea because this place is scary in the day haha
There's a security guy called 'Ged' who is now living on site in a caravan; just inside the locked main central gate at the end of Theatre Street. A lonely job, so maybe he'd be up for the occasional site visitor; especially if you made it worth his while !

RJMmcr

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Knocked on the gate and 'Ged' the security guard let me in. BUT, I was there officially as we were doing a quote for the demolition works.
when I went most of the place was soft stripped for some kind of work to begin

Johnbob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes, I think they had started the clear-out process, but then abandoned the works for whatever reason. The latest Planning Application (Ref: 06/2019/0952 ) refreshed the request to demolish 5 blocks and convert the old chapel, but no decision has been made as yet.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I'll be amazed if this place is ever converted, it's an absolute wreck and has had more fires than Guy Fawkes

It's also had many planning applications and many plans drawn up for conversion over the past decade and that caravan has been sat there over 12 months..

Good Luck with the place :thumb

Avvot 2019

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Knocked on the gate and 'Ged' the security guard let me in. BUT, I was there officially as we were doing a quote for the demolition works.
Wens the demo startin we went last wick in was raining really bad we went round yhe front and seen the caravan so went to try the back but an elderly lady got quitthe
Yes, I think they had started the clear-out process, but then abandoned the works for whatever reason. The latest Planning Application (Ref: 06/2019/0952 ) refreshed the request to demolish 5 blocks and convert the old chapel, but no decision has been made as yet.
Y shouldnt let them demolish anythin if its getting sold should be as stands we redone a church in edgelane liverpool an we nocked down nothin cost alot more to restore but the finish was well worth it
I'll be amazed if this place is ever converted, it's an absolute wreck and has had more fires than Guy Fawkes

It's also had many planning applications and many plans drawn up for conversion over the past decade and that caravan has been sat there over 12 months..

Good Luck with the place :thumb
No shit sherlock

Who has read this thread (Total: 554) View details