real time web analytics
Report - - St Joseph's Orphanage, Preston - Oct 2020 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Joseph's Orphanage, Preston - Oct 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Katierosethom

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
HiSTORY:

The Orphanage was opened on September 19th, 1872. It was built at an estimated cost of £6000.00 but we question this because even allowing for inflation in today’s money that is roughly £110,000.00. The estimated sum of £6000.00 came from a £10,000.00 donation made by Mrs Maria Holland, a local resident of the time. In 1877 Mrs Maria Holland gave a further gift (the exact amount is unknown) to construct a hospital for the poor sick alongside the orphanage. In 1905 Moorfield Orphanage opened and girls at St Joseph’s Orphanage were moved to the new facility. St Joseph’s became St Joseph’s Hospital, caring for the sick who couldn’t afford medical treatment alone (There was of course no National Health Service at the time and the poor’s health was taken care of by charities and donations from the rich). During the First and Second World Wars the Orphanage was used to take care of wounded soldiers returning from the front.

So, last time I went here was a permission visit, but all of you purebreeds woill be happy to know that this time wasn't. But a few more pictures for you all.

StJosephs19092020.jpg
StJosephs23102020 (1).jpg
StJosephs23102020 (2).jpg
StJosephs23102020 (3).jpg
StJosephs23102020 (4).jpg
StJosephs23102020.jpg

chills

Queller of the uprising
To make this a stellar report, you need to include a month and year of the explore in the title and potentially include a few

I’m not sure what you really mean by your comment about ‘purebreeds’ as both permission and non permission reports are accepted on the site.

Nonetheless, a good history write up and good for getting out and uploading.

Have a read of this guide to help you posting a report for next time:

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
This is just up the road from me but is one of those places I've just not got round too. Looks like a decent explore. Might have to check it out.

Katierosethom

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is just up the road from me but is one of those places I've just not got round too. Looks like a decent explore. Might have to check it out.
It's so worth it. A bit smashed up now and way too much grafitti but still creepy as hell. Anywhere else close by you'd suggest?

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
It's so worth it. A bit smashed up now and way too much grafitti but still creepy as hell. Anywhere else close by you'd suggest?
There's absolutely loads around the north west. Quite a few good ones in Manchester and Liverpool. Just go through the recent reports on here if your looking for ideas. Also Google satellite/street view and local newspapers for stuff due to be demolished.

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
More photos would be good if you have any! That being said, you've grasped the idea of a report so good going for that. If it's a permission visit then by all means, crack on, just make sure to post the thread under the 'Report (Permission Visit)' prefix :thumb

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well thats helpful don't fancy driving 2hrs if its been demolished so its a sensible question but if were not being friendly here thats fine I will go look it up

Jack430T

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Many of us have driven hundreds of miles in the UK or Europe to find inaccessible locations, locations are open and sealed all the time. Plot some other places on your journey so it's not wasted.

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes I would get that if I was new and just asking for locations etc but I've been here for a while and posted many reports myself so you don't need to give me the whole 'go out and do your research' talk...
Simple question is it still there?!
I'm 2hrs away and partially disabled so no i don't fancy driving around just to come across a pile of rubble. It's just nice to be helpful sometimes surely

Who has read this thread (Total: 230) View details