Web
Analytics
Report - - St Josephs Seminary, Upholland - May 2019 - IMAGE HEAVY | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Josephs Seminary, Upholland - May 2019 - IMAGE HEAVY

ginsters

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So finally after many reconnoissance visits and as many failed attempts, I FINALLY managed to explore St Josephs Seminary in Upholland

This place has been covered extensively over many years so I won't go into the history too much, except to say that it was a huge Catholic College that opened in 1883 and was closed in 1991.
It is a Grade II listed building and has now been left to rot until it falls to the ground. The place has decayed massively in the last few years and nature is certainly taking over in certain parts of the building.

As many will know, the place is guarded 24/7, and has a 9ft spiked fence all the way around the perimeter with a lot of CCTV and motion sensors, as well as very loud alarms. I met up with BenJames and along with Lucy and Emma we made our way in to find we'd probably picked the best day ever to access the place. Gypsies had apparently been on site and cut the power, as well as cutting a big hole in the metal fence and leaving some open windows (This has all since been fixed and boarded back up). With CCTV and Alarms offline this was one of the easiest explores I've ever done, we walked pretty much straight in and spent a good few hours exploring this amazing place.

Here's a selection of images from the explore. I hope you enjoy them. St Josephs Seminary is one of my favourite explores to date. It'll take some beating.

IMG_7298
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7289
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7297
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7244
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7242
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7243
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7245
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7240
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7293
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7234
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7235
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7292
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7290
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7232
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7231
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7230
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7227
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7226
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7287
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7286
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7284
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7283
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7296
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7295
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7282
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7254
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7192
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7225
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

IMG_7253
by Ian Clark, on Flickr

Last edited:

ginsters

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Stranton

black
Regular User
Now we all know there's a gap in the fencing, missing boards & no power
expect heavy tourism or unwanted attention & a gradual deteriation of this already crumbling building.
Personally I wouldn't advertise this sort of thing on a public forum,
but each to their own.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
expect heavy tourism or unwanted attention & a gradual deteriation of this already crumbling building.
but each to their own.
I wouldn’t worry mate it’s a done to death derp plenty have been over the years, it’s in a poor state and personally I think it’s a shame it’s ended up this way.

It’s what it is, no different to anywhere else really, it’s been open and closed many times over the years, the alarms were never a deterrent even when they worked.

ginsters

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I
but each to their own.
It’s already been fixed from what I’ve been told this morning. I said it was a lucky day, they weren’t going to leave it open for long were they.
I’ve edited the original post to state that it’s now been repaired and boarded back up

Last edited: