Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - St Josephs Seminary Wigan 2013 | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - St Josephs Seminary Wigan 2013

Branstonpickle

28DL Member
28DL Member
I visited this places a few times when it was part of the tourist trail its an amazing place and a shame to see so badly vandalised now. I had a walk round it recently and noticed the coping stones on the side of the tower above the libary are missing, does anyone know if they fell (if so what sort of damge did they do) or were they removed for safety? It looks to far gone to be restored now, lets hope the can save some of the charm when they finaly do pull there finger out.

Tom Sherman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
is this place accessable and alamed ????????
im in the area this week and dont want to waste my time otherwise

CURVA

28DL Member
28DL Member
the gates were wide open yesterday

was in there two weeks ago,the only visible camera is round the front

was round the back for a good hour and saw no one

CURVA

28DL Member
28DL Member
if you park in the beacon country park car park,it is too your left towards wigan,just make your way across the fields,cant miss it

you will go past the old quarry that was used to build it

me and my brother worked there as gardners in the 90's,tunnels run underneath the entire building and then head outwards supposodly to the nearby convent and church

Mars Lander

Throbbing Member
28DL Full Member
Theres one almost on every corner at least 2 on the back one blind spot on far back , seen evidence tried access on north side with bits of wood propped up against a certain wall, tis a tough one

Pixielulu

away with the fairies
28DL Full Member
I visited this places a few times when it was part of the tourist trail its an amazing place and a shame to see so badly vandalised now. I had a walk round it recently and noticed the coping stones on the side of the tower above the libary are missing, does anyone know if they fell (if so what sort of damge did they do) or were they removed for safety? It looks to far gone to be restored now, lets hope the can save some of the charm when they finaly do pull there finger out.
Its definitely still fully monitored and alarmed. The Coping stones have fallen in to the tower and gone through to the library, its caused a lot of damage. The interior is now boarded off around the whole library and main stair areas. There is a massive amount of water damage in most wings apart from the very oldest part towards the back. Its a total shame, but the guy who owns it doesnt seem to be doing anything with it at all now, apart from it being hired out as a filming location.

markymark

The shadow
Regular User
Was here last weekend there were contractors sealing up all the windows and doors. Spent nearly two hours waiting for them to leave. The only chance we got to find a way in realised they had sealed it. Few close calls with security and the contractors. Gave up in the end and left for another site.