real time web analytics
Report - - St. Margaret's Battery, Dover 01/05/07 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St. Margaret's Battery, Dover 01/05/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

REEF

Getthegirlkillthebaddies
28DL Full Member
Visited with Monk and Jackal.

Had a great day out on the cliffs of Dover, a stunning sunny day which most of it we spent underground.:crazy

St. Margaret's Battery is one of three built on the cliffs during the early years of WW2. St. Margaret's had three big guns for firing on enemy shipping in the channel.

One of the two plotting rooms. 5 or 6 rooms underground used of plotting the fall of the shells from the guns. Had a laugh at Monk frightening some small children by making monster noises.:eek:
P1.jpg

P2.jpg

P3.jpg

P5.jpg

P4.jpg

The eastern deep shelter. I was amazed by the condition, for 60 years underground there was very little rust, I guess that’s due to the dry chalk soil.
B1a.jpg

B1b.jpg

B1c.jpg

B1d.jpg

B1e.jpg

The western deep shelter. Some pratt had started a fire in this one and walking around kicked up a lot of dust but was still great to see.
B2a.jpg

B2b.jpg

B2c.jpg

B2d.jpg

B2e.jpg

On the way back took a look at the Grand Shaft and Western Heights .
GS1.jpg

GS2.jpg

WH1.jpg

WH2.jpg

Driving through Dover I felt like I was on ‘Jackal&Monk’s Guided Tours’ as there knowledge of the area is immense.
There is so much to see over that way, well looking forward to going back soon.

Thanks for letting me tag along guys and sorry for having to drag you away early but work commitments were calling.:thumb

Last edited:

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Re: St. Margaret's Battery, Dover 24/04/07

Great pics reef was a good day

Always good to scare the shit out of kids even better when you hear them running off screaming "f*cking hell there's something down there":D

roadtrip065.jpg

roadtrip068.jpg

dover059.jpg

dover025.jpg

dover022.jpg

To finish a good day off we spotted more stuff to explore on the way home, another trip very soon is in the pipe line ;)