real time web analytics
Report - - St Margarets Deep Shelter a.k.a. Z Rocket, nr. Dover - January 2013 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Margarets Deep Shelter a.k.a. Z Rocket, nr. Dover - January 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

sirjonnyp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So on Saturday morning I was supposed to be in Dover at 9.30. After a very heavy drinking session on Friday night and climbing in somewhere that I definitely shouldn't have been, and almost didn't get out from, I was woken at 9.45 by silverainbow saying he was going to be a bit late. In my drunken state I made my way to the station, and was able to get into Dover by 10.30, be up at St Margarets by 11, and forget my tripod in the process :rolleyes: Cheers to Silverainbow for letting me borrow his, even if the release didn't fit

Explored with Silverainbow, Will, and Starlight. Cheers guys :thumb

Image00002.jpg

Some history from Underground Kent:
At St Margaret's Bay there is the underground deep shelter for St Margarets 5.5" Battery. This site was the first one to use the unrotated projectile known as the Z - Rocket which was a anti - aircraft (AA) weapon. It was officially known as a UP or unrotated projectile. It was not particularly accurate, but the thinking was that if fired in large enough amounts an enemy plane just might get hit.

Image00004.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Image00011.jpg

Image00019.jpg

Image00013.jpg

Image00018.jpg

Cheers for reading

SJP​

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details