real time web analytics
Report - - st martin deep shelter - Dover July 2018 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - st martin deep shelter - Dover July 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hidinginplanesite

Khurbanx
28DL Full Member
4th time lucky with editing this report !

iv finally got some times to get round and upload some decent reports to the site from other the years , this one a bit more local ! that right good old Dover !

Over the years iv done a good 40 plus locations around Dover but don’t worry not gonna post all just some ! But you get the drift

Let’s take it back a bit

back in 2017 st marting battay was my first ever explore in Dover and this is when I found the deep shelter door but at time it was sealed up tight ,

between 2017 & 2018 I must went Dover so many times but each time I always checked the door

one summer night in 2018 why I was exploring some other bits in Dover we thought just before we head home we check the door and to are surprise it was open

knowing how rare at the time it was to get in this I slipped in side and started to take some photos !

History : subterraneanhistory.co.uk/2006/04/st-martins-battery-shelter-dover.html
History : subterraneanhistory.co.uk/2006/04/st-martins-battery-shelter-dover.html

A late 19th Century magazine, located directly behind the battery, was extended at this time to form a deep shelter. This was constructed in a similar way to shelters at other batteries in the area, being lined throughout in corrugated steel shuttering and iron girders, and followed a similar layout

now some photos

Last edited: