28DL Regular User
St Mary’s Site, Bangor
Bangor University was established in 1884 (its original title was ‘University College of North Wales’) as a direct result of a campaign in the late 19th century for better higher education provision in Wales.
In 1977 St Mary’s College Bangor, an Anglican teacher training institution, merged with the University, and in 1996, the University integrated with the Coleg Normal Bangor, which had been established in 1858, originally to train teachers.
Finally, in 2007, the University name was changed to ‘Bangor University’ following the granting of Taught and Research Degree Awarding Powers by the Privy Council.
 & 
 & 
Visited with WIMR
Full Gallery Here