real time web analytics
Report - - St Mary's vagrancy cells, Melton Mowbray, Aug15 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Mary's vagrancy cells, Melton Mowbray, Aug15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Had to visit this, as it’s on the proverbial doorstep, and I can’t believe I didn’t know about this one. I’d missed out on the group’s previous day’s exploits, but at least I got something in, even if I was a bit unprepared. Enjoyed this atmospheric place. Don’t be fooled by the photos – it was quite dark in there. All taken with no torch, but around 30 second exposures.

Explore with Auntieknickers, The Stig & KM Punk

Saw the mortuary, but unfortunately didn’t get any photos… the police turned up, so we made a retreat.

St. Mary’s was originally a work house and later turned into a hospital, this place, unlike most others, retained some of it's original features from it's Workhouse origins. The whole Vagrant's block had been retained. Why they did this was unclear, but a small section of this small block was converted into a small Mortuary that would service both St Mary's and Melton Mowbray cottage hospitals.

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

Fair Roseanna
Your vagrancy's a familiar tale
Fraught with danger
The lives you led were judged profane

Paradise Lost covered

Last edited:

hamtagger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice to see some more decent pics from here wombat, not good about the fuzz but at least you got these beforehand :)