real time web analytics
Report - - St. Matthew's church, Trallwn, Pontypridd, South Wales - March 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St. Matthew's church, Trallwn, Pontypridd, South Wales - March 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Terminal Decline

28DL Regular User
Regular User
History
For some reason I can't seem to find a lot of history on this building and as far as I'm aware it's not listed. The church was built in 1907 to designs of architects Evans, Williams & Evans of Pontypridd in the lancet style and incorporating many red terracotta features, including the arcades and window tracery. The exterior stonework on the northern end and blocked arches internally suggest a chancel was planned but never built. The church closed sometime around 2005 from what I can find. The building looks to be in good structural condition, although many of the coloured glass windows have been smashed and interior fittings stripped.

The explore
Visited on a wet morning in early March. Had a quick look inside while @jsp77 and prettyvacant71 waited in the car. Not a whole lot to see but it's a nice building with an contrast between the smooth, red terracotta and the rough, grey local stone along with a good roof.

_DSC1374 3.jpg

_DSC1342 3.jpg

_DSC1347 3.jpg

_DSC1360 3.jpg

_DSC1363 3.jpg

_DSC1361 3.jpg

_DSC1351 3.jpg

_DSC1352 3.jpg

_DSC1365 3.jpg

Thanks for looking

Who has read this thread (Total: 156) View details