real time web analytics
Report - - St Michaels Catholic college - Leeds - May 2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Michaels Catholic college - Leeds - May 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
I've wanted to see this place for a while and a recent report reminded me it was'nt actually that far away, so...... a nice drive through to Leeds with Deadmau5 playing far too loud and i found myself there.

Access was fun, needless to say i managed to rip another pair of shorts. One of the reasons i like exploring is this....sometimes you get WIN - sometimes you get epic fail, today was not our day. We'd successfully managed to coincide our explore with the current caretakers visit, they were not at all happy to see us.....:rolleyes:

It kind of went like this........."Alright mate"..........."what you two doing? I'm calling The Law!"

Quick as a flash due to olskools lightening reactions i'm on my own with them and 5min later i'm being "introduced" to 5 of the local officers. 45min later all ends well.
The guys looking after this place are doing a pretty good job, yeah there are parts that are trashed but the place is generally very nice. So credit to them and they were ok after everyone had calmed down.

Visited with oldskool

St Michael's was formed in 1905, and was originally called Leeds Catholic College.
In 1908 the college moved into this building, designed by architect Benedict Williamson.
Over its lifetime the site has been extended and improved. The 1960s brought new science labs, main hall and gym , the first lay head teacher was appointed in the 1970s and by the 1990s the school became a comprehensive for boys and girls, and a dance and drama studio were built.
A nice statue of St Michael stands above the main entrance.
The school closed in 2005

StMichael.jpg

Drawingboards.jpg

scales.jpg

endoflesson.jpg

chairs-2.jpg

corridor-4.jpg

desk-1.jpg

class.jpg

stuff.jpg

They did'nt have far to go either :p

police.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb

O

Oldskool

sorry 28dayslater (wevsky close your eyes ) just the four shots i got today .....
_DSC8548.jpg

_DSC8539.jpg

_DSC8529.jpg

_DSC8521-Copy.jpg

im up for another crack at this place this time an early weekend is in order

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details