real time web analytics
St pauls church - Leicester - October 2018 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

St pauls church - Leicester - October 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

drummergirl_90

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

St pauls church in Leicester is an early french Gothic style church based in Leicester. Grade II listed, st Paul's closed in 2003 after the parish moved to a modernised church nearby. The church was concentrated in 1871. Local materials were used to build the church and work appears to have started in 1870. The organ was sadly moved from this beautiful building when it was declared redundant to a church in hinckley, Leicestershire.

The explore

Pretty easy one this, didn't think this would be much to look at after hearing that when it was previously accessible it was in a bad way but as soon as I entered I was in awe of the natural decay and architecture. No graff penises anywhere was a nice surprise. Beautiful church however I did fall through the floor as established on my last report....I can't seem to do an explore without nearly killing myself.

Over and out.

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0004-2.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

IMG_20190322_205355.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Not bad. Had a look at this once but the neighbours were onto us pretty quickly; they were pleased someone was taking an interest in the place in the end. Nice to finally see inside.

drummergirl_90

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not bad. Had a look at this once but the neighbours were onto us pretty quickly; they were pleased someone was taking an interest in the place in the end. Nice to finally see inside.
Yeah it's real nice inside. Nice natural decay as well. When I went the bushes were nicely overgrown haha. So hidden entrance which probably stopped the neighbours from seeing. :p

drummergirl_90

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
- are you sure? Nice report though, love a derelict religious building, me. Any pics from outside? Is there an upstairs left?
I mean....I don't even know what the word means :D I just got that from good old wiki lol. And I didnt take any externals. I always forget to. Theres no upstairs....and the bell tower thing is in accessible as the ladders have all been removed.

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
To consecrate is to declare a religious building holy. To concentrate is entirely different but I'm just splitting hairs lol. At least it's not just copied and pasted from wiki like most do (including myself occasionally) Externals are always good. Shame ladders have gone. Never heard of this one before. Thanks for sharing :thumb

drummergirl_90

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
To consecrate is to declare a religious building holy. To concentrate is entirely different but I'm just splitting hairs lol. At least it's not just copied and pasted from wiki like most do (including myself occasionally) Externals are always good. Shame ladders have gone. Never heard of this one before. Thanks for sharing :thumb
haha. I tend to write my own little history. Albeit not a lot. :D I probably just spelt it wrong. It's late. Let me off. Haha.

And thanks. It's lovely in there. A nice little local one for me too.

Goldie87

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good to see some decent pics of this, I’ve always failed here despite checking it loads over the years. One of my aunties got married here in the early 90’s, I remember us kids having to wear hideous outfits for the occasion!

drummergirl_90

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good to see some decent pics of this, I’ve always failed here despite checking it loads over the years. One of my aunties got married here in the early 90’s, I remember us kids having to wear hideous outfits for the occasion!

Yeah itz pretty sealed up normally. Haha. Its lush inside.

Thats cute. Bet it looked pretty different back then haha.

Who has read this thread (Total: 291) View details