real time web analytics
Report - - St Peter's Hospital Mortuary, Chertsey - October 2012 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Peter's Hospital Mortuary, Chertsey - October 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Siimot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bit of a back cat again :)

The mortuary, built in the 1940’s, is a small, rectangular building on the outskirts of the main Hospital site and closed in April 2009 when the mortuary relocated to the main hospital building. Inside, there’s a small chapel and viewing room with the rest of the building comprising of body fridges and the main autopsy room, access from what I remember was pretty straight forward and to date is the only Mortuary I have done :(

Here are a few pictures

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Always interesting to see old photos of this place, surprised that even though it was eventually totally trashed, it was still recognisable to its younger self.

Siimot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Always interesting to see old photos of this place, surprised that even though it was eventually totally trashed, it was still recognisable to its younger self.

We were gutted the tops of the tables were missing when we went :( not sure what they are called.

Last edited:

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nicely done. I was lucky the slabs were still there when I went. They went not long after that. My camera went wrong here sadly

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice to see again. It was like this when I went, but I think the tops were on, as someone laid on one, as they did in the fridges. The chapel was in one piece. The viewing window intact. The toilet working and had cleaners etc, water butt standing. The shower had hygiene stuff in it.

To see it change to what it did was so sad. Nice back cat :thumb

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
We were gutted the tops of the tables were missing when we went :( not sure what they are called.
I believe there were grates for drainage. A lot of newer Mortuary slabs tend to be missing them once closed.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
2012 i remember exploring back then well, much nicer than it is today, nice pics mate, visited this one around the same time i believe, power on and big puddles of water everywhere