real time web analytics
Report - - St Peter's Mortuary, Chertsey | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Peter's Mortuary, Chertsey

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

cookie_corpse

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
First of all sorry for posting this report up a little bit late only just got the internet at home! On the 1st Saturday in February (I think) I decided to take myself and my girlfriend on a pilgramage to Chertsey in Surrey, courtesey of National Express and National Rail of course I had saw the previous report on the mortuary at St Peters Hospital and really had to check it out! We left Nottingham at stuiped O Clock in the morning and made it into chertsey by lunchtime. We must have spent a good hour and a half walking around the hospital grounds trying to locate the building. Just as we were giving up hope of finding the old mortury something told us to keep looking, and not long after we found ourselves stood outside the lovely little building, with the famous camera staring right at us! We must have spent an hour in there, but it didnt seem that long.anyway on with the history of the place.

History

Originally St. Peter’s Hospital was built to serve casualties of the Second World War, The mortuary was built in the 1940's on the edge of the site.

However after extensive redevelopment of the site, the mortuary was found to be too small to cope with the increase in cadavers.

This mortuary was shut down in April 2009 and moved to the new building which is central to to main hospital

DSC_0571.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0566.jpg

DSC_0567.jpg

DSC_0552.jpg

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_05870001.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details