Web
Analytics
Report - - St. Peter's School - Stoke-On-Trent, February 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St. Peter's School - Stoke-On-Trent, February 2019

ZZZAP!

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
First off a big thanks to @Giymo85 for their good helpful advice on this site.

History

The school opened in 1964. In 2011, the school merged with Berry Hill High School to become St Peter’s Academy. At first, the new school operated from two sites, but in 2013 St Peter’s Academy moved to a new £22 million building. The old high school closed in 2013, but was used for a time by pupils at Sutherland Primary Academy following the discovery of asbestos at their school.

The Explore

Explored this site with @Nikonlover and @flasher. Spent around two hours here. It's a huge building, bit of a maze to get around. The access I'd describe as not very difficult. So as a result the place is a bit of a mess. But certainly not the worst I've seen. With plenty of bits to look around and some really cool looking murals lining many of the corridors. Really enjoyed looking around here.

Apologies for the large amount of pictures. There was so much to photograph!

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

LittleOwl

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Schools are always the creepiest. Think it's the abundance of cartoon characters on the wall staring. Always staring...

Great report either way

ZZZAP!

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Schools are always the creepiest. Think it's the abundance of cartoon characters on the wall staring. Always staring...

Great report either way
Thank you for the kind words.

Yeah those cartoons lined one of the music classrooms. A lot of corridors had full size murals. Which had mostly survived being defaced. I do find abandoned schools fascinating, once colourful and vibrant places going to ruin.

If anyone is interested in exploring this site. I'd suggest doing it sooner rather than later. It's not terribly hard to access, so it'll only get smashed up more. It's earmarked to be bulldozed for houses at some point.

Gii

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow. This depresses me. This was my school! I recognise all of those rooms and can put us in all of them! So sad to see how it's gone now. Thanks for showing me memories though!

ZZZAP!

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow. This depresses me. This was my school! I recognise all of those rooms and can put us in all of them! So sad to see how it's gone now. Thanks for showing me memories though!
Hey there. Wow that's really cool! It was a fun few hours wondering around but sadly due to the fact it was ridiculously easy to access it was quite a mess in parts. Especially the technology and science bits. But at the same time wasn't trashed enough to be rubbish/boring. The murals were certainly interesting. Thanks for the kind words. If it wasn't for the original report by Giymo85 I wouldn't have known about it as I'm not from the area.

Gii

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey there. Wow that's really cool! It was a fun few hours wondering around but sadly due to the fact it was ridiculously easy to access it was quite a mess in parts. Especially the technology and science bits. But at the same time wasn't trashed enough to be rubbish/boring. The murals were certainly interesting. Thanks for the kind words. If it wasn't for the original report by Giymo85 I wouldn't have known about it as I'm not from the area.
It's crazy to see, I've never been back since I left school, and then they closed it only a short few years after my year left to join it as an academy as you stated. It's so sad to see how it's gone, remembering all the memories there! My sister also went there, I'd like to know what she thinks, she was head girl when she was there! I shared this with a few school friends im still in touch with, they all feel round about the same way - but it's been great to share it around.

Gii

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You covered it really well mate. Pretty cool to get that feedback from someone who went there eh mate?
I did also post on yours :D Both sets are great, it looks so much smaller than I remember. Putting everything together again from your images has been a bit of a rollercoaster!

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
I did also post on yours :D Both sets are great, it looks so much smaller than I remember. Putting everything together again from your images has been a bit of a rollercoaster!
Thank you, glad you have been able to share it too. Nice to make that connection with someone who experienced the place when it had a bit more life.

Gii

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you, glad you have been able to share it too. Nice to make that connection with someone who experienced the place when it had a bit more life.
It's been good to see! I know it's just urbex to everyone else but it's where I spent 5 years of my life, 'the best years' as they say. So this is saddening but also really great to see. I'm glad that someone has captured it, even if it's not in all it's 'glory'!

ZZZAP!

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Passed by this place again recently and we thought we might as well have a quick look and see how much it's changed. So here's some update photos.

There has been some attempts made to secure the place up but they don't seem to have lasted long. The place has taken much more of a beating since our last visit.

Sadly since then as well. Someone has gone round and locked the doors to the majority of the classrooms. Which seems a bit pointless as they were already empty or trashed. I'd say only a small portion are accessible now. Hence the lack of any classroom shots here.

20190803_100758.jpg

20190803_100807.jpg

20190803_100853.jpg

20190803_101029.jpg

The sports hall is about the only place in a half decent condition still.

20190803_101259.jpg

20190803_104338.jpg

20190803_104029.jpg

We did also come across some out buildings not connected to the main site that we didn't see the last time. More classrooms. Despite having a lot of windows smashed on the outside, these were still in pretty good condition.

20190803_104836.jpg

20190803_104901.jpg

20190803_105018.jpg

20190803_105350.jpg