real time web analytics
Report - - St Thomas Hospital - 01 07 2007 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Thomas Hospital - 01 07 2007

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

K

kingiorek

St Thomas Hospital (formerly Shaw Heath Hospital) closed it's doors on October 29th 2003 having been open since christmas day 1841. It is currently owned by Stockport College who are creating their campus there soon. So get moving:thumb

The perimiter is pretty secure, surrounded by that awful 10ft ball spiker fence. The high wall perimiter is covered in razor wire. Although it seems as there is no broken glass embedded in it - always check tho :)

They have a single security guard who sits by the main entrance (from flint st - Zoom Earth | LIVE weather map, storm tracker, rain radar)

There are cameras but they are easy to avoid by being careful. We found the rear fence gate open and entered there, but it was locked when we returned so had to climb it. can be done pretty easily, but not in a hurry and only one at a time.

This site is pretty expansive and would require plenty of time (we only had half an hour). I don't remember any sign of motion sensor lights but I wasn't looking for them.

the rear of the site - notice said spiker fence
stthomas1.jpg

stthomas2.jpg

all those lovely rooftops and edgeley mill being destroyed in background
stthomas3.jpg

stthomas4.jpg

stthomas5.jpg

stthomas6.jpg

still all the fittings etc inside
stthomas7.jpg

see the potential in those buildings?
stthomas8.jpg

stthomas9.jpg

thanks for looking, i'm going to try and get back for a proper explore and get some decent pics