real time web analytics
Report - - St Thomas Hospital - Cheshire/stockport 2020 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Thomas Hospital - Cheshire/stockport 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urbanlezplorers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Abandoned asylum which closed down in 2004 which once housed just under 700 'inmates' and is reportedly haunted by a doctor and a woman who looks like a nun or nurse.
We didn't see any ghosties however we did see a lot of things unfortunately got more video footage than stills.
Managed to climb in which wasn't easy and once inside the grounds accessing some of the premises where almost impossible - a lot of climbing involved and ended up covered in anti-vandal paint - but all part of the fun! main building was pretty stable throughout however buildings further back, upper levels where difficult to get to and a lot of the floorings had gone through (one of us did fall through a dodgy floor board and got abit wedged!)
There's afew camera but no onsite security with it being on the main road - when we went back a few weeks later they're blocked up where we climbed through.

On researching the place 'inmates' or patients where packed in like sardines and the managers didn't seem to have a clue how to care for these people.

We found an old 'sister' room which would have been the nursing office (I now work in a modern day mental health hospital so am aware of layouts) which had a light panel to highlight which doors where open/shut. We where also able to venture down underneath to the gas chamber, which had what looked like cells along with the gas systems for the site. No idea what went on down there but looked earie!!

urbanlezplorers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You might want to edit the location in your title, and put a date.

Your write up isn't entirely accurate and.. gas chamber?
There are loads of reports on this place with history: https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/search/465692/?q=st+thomas+stockport&o=relevance
Sorry I did mean to right gas meter chamber (that's why I put a photo up of the sign) -Behind the gas meter changer where other rooms which looked like cells that had what looked like cement benches at the back of each one - unfortunately I only have video photoage of them and as I stated I wasn't sure what they where but they looked eerie as hell..

urbanlezplorers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Gas chamber? More like a chamber which held the gas meter to allow it to be easily read...
Yeah - sorry this was my typing mistake I meant to put gas meter chamber in references to the photo's I had posted - I can't figure out how to edit it though

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
As those have said above, the write up and history seems to be lacking, you appear mostly to have written about how you got in.

urbanlezplorers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As those have said above, the write up and history seems to be lacking, you appear mostly to have written about how you got in.
In all honesty - being the first report I'd done I wasn't entirely sure what to write - I did extensive research into the place before I went as it's close to where I live, but didn't know that's what people where looking for so I shall endeavour to include more history in the next report I do about different locations I've been.

Thank you for the heads up - anymore guidance as to what to write would be appreciated :)

chills

Queller of the uprising
In all honesty - being the first report I'd done I wasn't entirely sure what to write - I did extensive research into the place before I went as it's close to where I live, but didn't know that's what people where looking for so I shall endeavour to include more history in the next report I do about different locations I've been.

Thank you for the heads up - anymore guidance as to what to write would be appreciated :)

To make this a stellar report, you need to include a few more things as has been outlined above. History and a few more photos never goes a miss.

To address your point that you can no longer edit, you can only do this upto 24 hours afterwards.

Have a read of this guide to help you posting a report for next time:

urbanlezplorers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
To make this a stellar report, you need to include a few more things as has been outlined above. History and a few more photos never goes a miss.

To address your point that you can no longer edit, you can only do this upto 24 hours afterwards.

Have a read of this guide to help you posting a report for next time:
Thank you - I appreciate the information and guidance :)

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Welcome to 28DL. The above comments are all really good constructive suggestions. Preview is our friend too. I personally would of liked to see more than 6 shots of close ups. Just personal preference, history too, as others have said. Other than that, well done on contributing:thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 324) View details