real time web analytics
Report - - St Twynnells ROTOR, Pembrokeshire Wales - 22/03/09 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Twynnells ROTOR, Pembrokeshire Wales - 22/03/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Plank

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not posted on here in a long while, so lets kick it off again. Recently I paid a visit to St Twynnells ROTOR bunker in West Wales. This was done under the cloak and dagger of darkness to avoid the demon farmer that owns the land the bunker sits on. I won't go into the history as I think its safe to say that the ROTOR project is known in the UE circles, so on with the pictures.

Sttwynnellssign.jpg

Overview of the site. Almost centre is the ROTOR itself (white roof looking building) with the guardhouse being at the top part of the same field. Buildings that straddle the blockhouse are the Main engine house left and emergency engine house on the right (L-R as from above)

rotorsky.jpg

rotorgrey.jpg

Being a western ROTOR you enter these through climbing a flight of stairs, and through the recessed blast doors you are on the upper level-

rotoruppercorridor.jpg

These were in the GPO power room. The floor has quarry tiles to combat leakage from the batteries that would gave been stored in here. -

selmerorgan.jpg

selmerorgan2.jpg

rotorstaircase.jpg

For all you peeling paint fans -

paint.jpg

Oldy worldy breakers -

breakers.jpg

Lower floor corridor -

lowercorridor.jpg

brokenrotor.jpg

brokenrotor2.jpg

Air con blower -