real time web analytics
Report - - Standish Hospital, Gloucestershire - February 2020 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Standish Hospital, Gloucestershire - February 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
** This thread has no other purpose than to show the progression of demolition on site; there's nothing here you don't already know **

History;

I know this place is older than old news, but if you want to know the history, look at any of the other (much better) reports on here from back in its good ol' days.

Personally;

For me personally, this place is just somewhere I always wanted to do, regardless of condition. It was the first location I ever found, and the first explore my girlfriend and I ever did together. To me, personally, it's just quite special. I'm genuinely GUTTED I didn't know what Urban Exploring was when this place was at its prime. I wish, beyond all else, I'd been as keen on exploring back when the place looked like this;

07890680.jpg

As I am today. The excitement of finding somewhere that looks that intriguing, now I've done a few explores, is something I'd love to find again and something I feel I really missed out on with this place.

Hopefully you'll all forgive the derpy pictures that follow. This was just me, ticking a box for myself and satisfying a little itch to make sure I didn't feel like I'd completely missed out.

Explore;

There's only 4 main building left standing; The main house. The Hydrotherapy block. The block at the North end of the site. And the block at the South of the site with the curved wall in the middle. It was a lovely afternoon with changeable weather and all in all, good fun dodging security (who live in the middle of site now) and sneaking through undergrowth going from building to building.

Pictures;

IMG-20200229-160828.jpg

IMG-20200229-163621.jpg

P1040038.jpg

P1040042.jpg

IMG-20200229-162401.jpg

IMG-20200229-162524.jpg

IMG-20200229-163456.jpg

IMG-20200229-162805.jpg

P1040001.jpg

P1040014.jpg

P1040016.jpg

P1040025.jpg

P1040040.jpg

P1040050.jpg

P1040002.jpg

^ Who, me!? Surely not...

P1040046.jpg

All the best guys,

Fluffy.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Good to see an update, they've really cracked on with that, everything left standing will be converted in the development. Security has always been stationed right in the middle of the site since the good old days.

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Always surprised to see how much is still there with this place - I thought at one point they were full steam ahead!

Good report that.

Lost In Decay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I visited the site a few days ago (April 6th 2020), fences all round everything and the diggers are in smashing everything down. The security guard spotted me and quickly pointed me in the direction away from the site. I asked the fellow how long will it take to demolish the whole site, he said ''within 2 weeks'' .. goodbye Standish! , my cam and I never got the chance to meet

admin

Administrator
Admin
I visited the site a few days ago (April 6th 2020), fences all round everything and the diggers are in smashing everything down. The security guard spotted me and quickly pointed me in the direction away from the site. I asked the fellow how long will it take to demolish the whole site, he said ''within 2 weeks'' .. goodbye Standish! , my cam and I never got the chance to meet

Why the F**k are you exploring when you're supposed to be staying at home!

Have you not considered saving lives etc, you not watched the news recently :rolleyes: :banghead

Lost In Decay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Why the F**k are you exploring when you're supposed to be staying at home!

Have you not considered saving lives etc, you not watched the news recently :rolleyes: :banghead
One person breathing fresh air is not a crime, the social distance between the guard and myself was in guidance with government regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 220) View details