real time web analytics
Report - - Standish Hospital October 2016 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Standish Hospital October 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
Hahaha :thumb

So these do actually 'contact the authoritys' as they claim they do once they start yelling? We didn't take the chance and legged it before anyone came.

No they don't, they used to but they've since switched security firms. After about a minute they set off an ear-piercing wail though and if you're close enough to the security hut matey-boy can hear and comes and gets you. Looks like you were in the canteen which is directly next to him so you made a good call!

ultravox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Didn't know this place was still standing! Excellent report :thumb I went with DHL and Lost Explorer in May 2011. I have a vague memory of approaching from the back of the main building. We met a security guard who wouldn't be bribed. Managed to get some exterior pics though. A epic fail!

immagonnatakeloadsapics

28DL Member
28DL Member
Went here earlier in the year, good report. Only managed to get into hydropherapy pool and the art deco curved building which connects to the x ray department, quickly left because of the super loud alarms, couldn't get into the other 30's building with the kids bit or the main house, how did you get into the kids one?

Salmon

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went here earlier in the year, good report. Only managed to get into hydropherapy pool and the art deco curved building which connects to the x ray department, quickly left because of the super loud alarms, couldn't get into the other 30's building with the kids bit or the main house, how did you get into the kids one?

It's like most places, you have a look and sometimes there is a way in and sometimes there isn't. E block with the children's ward bit has very loud alarms too, as far as I know all the buildings were alarmed. I didn't manage to get into the deco curved building, it was well secured when I was there.

ultravox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Tried a revisit recently but ended up a complete failure!...security still on main entrance but while trying from the other side of the site, we nearly broke down in the twisty narrow winding roads. Then completely missing the sign that said "unsuitable for motor vehicles" we carried on and almost got the car stuck!! I'm still going to try again though. Just a different approach! lol

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
Tried a revisit recently but ended up a complete failure!...security still on main entrance but while trying from the other side of the site, we nearly broke down in the twisty narrow winding roads. Then completely missing the sign that said "unsuitable for motor vehicles" we carried on and almost got the car stuck!! I'm still going to try again though. Just a different approach! lol

There's a footpath through the heart of the site so you needn't worry about being spotted by security. Though we're perhaps not the best people to ask..

urbanexplorer101

28DL Member
28DL Member
how to avoid motion alarms,

put a piece of glass to as low as your toes as possible this will reflect the lines of search and the alarm will not sense you,

this should help urban explorers(remember use at your own risk)

JackOsgood

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Anyone know if this place is still standing?
Also whats the security like.

Also thanks for the report :)

ultravox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
STILL THERE SECURITY IS TIGHT TO SAY THE LEAST
Thanks for the info. I'm amazed it's so tight. I was thinking of a revisit due to my failed attempt with DHL in 2010. We did have a good laugh with the security guard though. He didn't mind us having a walk around. Just wasn't allowed in any of the buildings.