real time web analytics
Report - - Standish Hospital, Stroud - Jan 2018 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Standish Hospital, Stroud - Jan 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just thought id give an update on Standish - A LOT has changed now! Walking up the driveway and onto the site seems a thing of the past due to a huge team of builders, JCBs, cranes, an environmental team of some sort as well as security! Despite all this we did manage to fight our way through the undergrowth past them all and gain access to what i can only presume was the hydrotherapy pool, as well as the curved building. The site itself is very much active, and I can confirm that there was in fact a dog there with the security team this week just gone - thankfully we didn't get close enough to exchange names :) ill get a report up in the next day or two with some photos for anyone that's interested. hope this may be of some help guys, happy hunting :) !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
There's a lot of work going on there at the moment, it looks like demolition is going to start very soon.

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There's a lot of work going on there at the moment, it looks like demolition is going to start very soon.
It already has dude, from what I can tell from some drone pictures - there is already a building missing and more machinery was literally turning up as we were there! if anyone wants to go and have a look around then now is deffo the time! the hydrotherapy pool makes for some cracking shots as well as the plastic cladding on the building making some nice lighting too!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
It already has dude, from what I can tell from some drone pictures - there is already a building missing and more machinery was literally turning up as we were there! if anyone wants to go and have a look around then now is deffo the time! the hydrotherapy pool makes for some cracking shots as well as the plastic cladding on the building making some nice lighting too!

Nothing has been demolished yet its purely ground works and stuff going on right now, as far as I'm aware unless they've planned and completed the pulling down a building within a matter of days. Will be a shame to see it go but I'm glad I got there numerous times both recently and seven years ago.

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nothing has been demolished yet its purely ground works and stuff going on right now, as far as I'm aware unless they've planned and completed the pulling down a building within a matter of days. Will be a shame to see it go but I'm glad I got there numerous times both recently and seven years ago.
Looking back through the pictures, you may well be right, it looks more like its just a clearing they’ve made on site, demolished some old fences and got scaffolding up around various bits. Glad we got to see it before it goes but slightly gutted we couldn’t get to the little morgue I’ve heard is there

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Looking back through the pictures, you may well be right, it looks more like its just a clearing they’ve made on site, demolished some old fences and got scaffolding up around various bits. Glad we got to see it before it goes but slightly gutted we couldn’t get to the little morgue I’ve heard is there

It's an outbuilding behind the manor house, the door into it was in pieces when I was there a couple of weeks back. Pretty easy to miss though.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Bloody el that happened quick, was there 3 weeks ago & whole site was still there & accessible, glad I got in when I did now!

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's an outbuilding behind the manor house, the door into it was in pieces when I was there a couple of weeks back. Pretty easy to miss though.
Ahhhh gutted to have missed it but if I find myself back in the area anytime soon I think I’ll see if I can catch it before it’s gone. All the best dude !!

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bloody el that happened quick, was there 3 weeks ago & whole site was still there & accessible, glad I got in when I did now!
It’s all happened real quick! I spoke to a few people who’d been there even more recently than 3 weeks and it was all still accessible.... now there is literally a small army of people

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
It’s all happened real quick! I spoke to a few people who’d been there even more recently than 3 weeks and it was all still accessible.... now there is literally a small army of people

The development plans were approved back in 2017 and included restoration of the gate lodge which has been ongoing for a while now plus conversion of the manor house, two TB buildings and the 1970s brutalist style pool. I guess all the issues over access have finally been sorted and it's begun with gusto.

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The development plans were approved back in 2017 and included restoration of the gate lodge which has been ongoing for a while now plus conversion of the manor house, two TB buildings and the 1970s brutalist style pool. I guess all the issues over access have finally been sorted and it's begun with gusto.
Restoration of the building right at the bottom of the drive on the right if you’re looking back towards the hospital has begun - assuming that’s the gate house? Also once up the drive the first building on you’re right, next to what I can presume was a a pool or lake of some sort on the sweeping corner has begun and looks to be a fair way along! As for the rest of the site - a hive of activity !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Restoration of the building right at the bottom of the drive on the right if you’re looking back towards the hospital has begun - assuming that’s the gate house? Also once up the drive the first building on you’re right, next to what I can presume was a a pool or lake of some sort on the sweeping corner has begun and looks to be a fair way along! As for the rest of the site - a hive of activity !

The building by the pond is a new structure as far as I'm aware - I'm not exactly sure what it will be used for, it almost looks like some sort of wildlife observation thing.

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The building by the pond is a new structure as far as I'm aware - I'm not exactly sure what it will be used for, it almost looks like some sort of wildlife observation thing.
Yeh it does to be fair dude..... not sure how far along it was when you saw it but now it’s full wooden cladding and got a lovely what looked like slate roof on :)

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Yeh it does to be fair dude..... not sure how far along it was when you saw it but now it’s full wooden cladding and got a lovely what looked like slate roof on :)

The only other purpose I can think of for it is like a reception/entrance office for the developers. But it's a lot of effort to go to for that!

Who has read this thread (Total: 464) View details