real time web analytics
Report - - Stanley Tools Factory, Sheffield - 23/08/2016 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stanley Tools Factory, Sheffield - 23/08/2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

inside_sheffield

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Being pretty new to urbex and time off with the holidays we decided to visit cannon brewery and a few other locations prior. Stanley Tools has been on my list for a while. So on a warm August morning we set off and landed about 11am.

Unfortunately it didn't last very long as it appears that the site is alot more secure than it appears and ended up me and my friends being taken home by the police. It seems as though this is one of the few sites that it is actually alarmed up and cctv'd despite us looking for cameras.

Anyone else had the same? I was threatened with burglary and at a minimum found on enclosed premises.

Think i'll be giving this a miss in future.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Being pretty new to urbex and time off with the holidays we decided to visit cannon brewery and a few other locations prior. Stanley Tools has been on my list for a while. So on a warm August morning we set off and landed about 11am.

Unfortunately it didn't last very long as it appears that the site is alot more secure than it appears and ended up me and my friends being taken home by the police. It seems as though this is one of the few sites that it is actually alarmed up and cctv'd despite us looking for cameras.

Anyone else had the same? I was threatened with burglary and at a minimum found on enclosed premises.

Think i'll be giving this a miss in future.

Funny post, seeing as how you run the airsoft there, eh?

inside_sheffield

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not sure how you have used personal information to assume that I run airsoft there, I play it as a sport......a quick search is easy to pull up who runs airsoft there. So no, but either way I was here to help others so don't fall for the same trap we did.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The fellas in the units adjacent are most accommodating... We got spotted by them and once they knew we were not after copper they were happy for us to mooch around. A little while ago now mind.

inside_sheffield

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I get to see the place when i play there which is why i wanted to explore further, just a shame ive been shot down by people on here. Most welcoming i've got to say. Cheers Dweeb, ill try that approach if i ever try again or allowed back to play there now

Last edited:

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Not sure how you have used personal information to assume that I run airsoft there, I play it as a sport......a quick search is easy to pull up who runs airsoft there. So no, but either way I was here to help others so don't fall for the same trap we did.

Well it's like this. The simple part is you have the same name. The complicated part is that there are exactly 4,294,967,296 IP4 addresses, and you just happen to be using the same one as the owner?

inside_sheffield

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So maybe you can explain why you dont value the safety of your members in regards to the contact from the actual owners and why you have not responded to the police?

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
When the police make contact, and assuming they have all the correct paperwork, then we'll respond, not that we've got any info that will be useful. We all know though, that trespass isn't a police matter.

inside_sheffield

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Your mistake is right there. Anyway, yes I am the owner, you are a great detective, however Im trying to help your members NOT get in to criminal matters, unlike yourself. The site is live with electric, motion sensors and cameras are in place as well as security but like I say, im trying to help the members, you ignored our contact to post a message so we have to take it upon ourselves after our last message was ignored and deleted by your admin.

Police matters with yourself is down to yourself not for ourselves to be involed.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Your mistake is right there. Anyway, yes I am the owner, you are a great detective, however Im trying to help your members NOT get in to criminal matters, unlike yourself. The site is live with electric, motion sensors and cameras are in place as well as security but like I say, im trying to help the members, you ignored our contact to post a message so we have to take it upon ourselves after our last message was ignored and deleted by your admin.

Police matters with yourself is down to yourself not for ourselves to be involed.

Check your email. You never asked us to post a warning. You demanded that we delete all reports and threatened us with legal action.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
You might find it a surprise that a good chunk of 'Urban Explorers' will bother with a site despite security, cctv, sensors etc

Some of us only bother with sites that present such a challenge, fortunately for you, "your" site isn't really one of those and I imagine the weekly 'offenders' will only be slightly humbled when they have to explain to a Police officer that hopping a gate and taking photo's isn't a crime, and in *most cases, not really a concern for the Police full stop!

Of course it's a headache for you, but sadly as forum Administrators we don't and Won't be advising people to cease taking part in something they enjoy any time soon!

Keep us posted though :thumb