real time web analytics
Report - - Stannington Sanatorium Boiler House Stannington Northumberland August 2020 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stannington Sanatorium Boiler House Stannington Northumberland August 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MarkusCP87

Undiscovered locations in the UK
28DL Full Member
Nice little explore this one, after receiving the pin of another explorer I decided to venture out to see what it was like, although a small building, I really enjoyed it, its been a while since I've done anything closed to Industrial so was nice to wipe a bit of the Industrial urbex rust off.
I even decided to climb inside the boiler, which was different.
Always had a thing for old machines taken over by nature, so I wasn't disappointed.

Bit of History on the Hospital that is now demolished.

Stannington Sanatorium was the first purpose-built children's tuberculosis sanatorium in the UK which officially opened on 5 October 1907 near to the village of Stannington, Northumberland.[1] The institution was established by a local charity, The Poor Children's Holiday Association (PCHA), which developed into the modern-day charity Children North East, and also took contributions from local Poor Law Guardians for the upkeep of patients.

Thanks for looking.

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Glad you got to see it i must admit i was pleasantly surprised when i first got in that said i think some of the contents had been stripped /taken over the years. The inscribed tile was a gem too.

MarkusCP87

28DL Full Member
Glad you got to see it i must admit i was pleasantly surprised when i first got in that said i think some of the contents had been stripped /taken over the years. The inscribed tile was a gem too.
Yeah it's a little gem mate, was pleasantly surprised what can be hidden in the woods.

Ashbam

28DL Member
28DL Member
Had a little look around for this last week, sadly to no avail. I was close to the large rectangular water tower, is this even close?

MarkusCP87

28DL Full Member
Had a little look around for this last week, sadly to no avail. I was close to the large rectangular water tower, is this even close?
It's near there, it's pretty easy to find on Google maps

MarkusCP87

28DL Full Member
I'll take another look today, did Ewart hall last night, such a cool building but it is a bloody death trap
I'm surprised it stills standing lovely building and the view from the tower is amazing.

HannahLily

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My grandad in law was in St Mary's with TB when he was a kid, my partner done St Mary's years ago before it was knocked down!

Who has read this thread (Total: 275) View details