real time web analytics
Report - - Stanton Ironworks Medical Centre, Ilkeston, Derbyshire – January 2020 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stanton Ironworks Medical Centre, Ilkeston, Derbyshire – January 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The main attraction in the area of Stanton By Dale in Ilkeston are the remaining parts of the former Stanton & Stavely Foundry – I visited these about a year ago but never gave any of the nearby ancillary buildings much attention. Many of the buildings in the area surrounding the foundry originally served the ironworks in some way, with a purpose built medical, training and exhibition centre, a fire station and a multitude of other now repurposed buildings.

The most interesting building was probably the former medical centre. I swung by in passing after doing non-UE related things nearby and had no tripod and a wank back-up torch. I came back fully kitted up a while later and found it resealed with a demolition notice outside, so the slightly ropey shots will have to do! It was pretty dark and soggy but haven't seen it here before.

Outside… Pretty uninspiring

Medical bed thing

Lab

Room where medical records would have been stored - plus obligatory knob graff

Old signs

Eye test instructional card on the wall

And a few shots from the nearby training & exhibition buildings – much more ruinous.

Thanks for looking.​

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Pretty cool to do a place you've wanted to do and never seen. Its pretty decayed and quite appealing in a strange way.

Zeldazog

28DL Member
28DL Member
Sadly, the exhibition centre and training centre buildings were knocked down two weeks ago (no doubt the medical building has been too, but you can’t see that from the main rpad,

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Sadly, the exhibition centre and training centre buildings were knocked down two weeks ago (no doubt the medical building has been too, but you can’t see that from the main rpad,

Medical centre went ages ago now.

I had a last look in the training and exhibition centre last month. The landlord of the pub opposite assured me the developers were retaining them despite me telling him there was a fresh chunk taken out the back of them with a digger!

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Medical centre went ages ago now.

I had a last look in the training and exhibition centre last month. The landlord of the pub opposite assured me the developers were retaining them despite me telling him there was a fresh chunk taken out the back of them with a digger!

to be fair they were fkd so if they wernt listed no way anyone would put money into saving em. Still a shame though

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
to be fair they were fkd so if they wernt listed no way anyone would put money into saving em. Still a shame though

Locals seemed to be under the impression that the retention of the facades was something agreed in the planning but I haven't bothered to check.

I wasn't surprised to hear they'd been demolished but it kicked up a bit of a stink locally anyway!

Who has read this thread (Total: 233) View details