real time web analytics
General - - State of Cambridge RGHQ November 2022 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - State of Cambridge RGHQ November 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Emma567

28DL Member
28DL Member
On a recent date in Cambridge (7/11/22) I decided to stop off and visit the AFHQ/RGHQ/COMCEN bunker not far from 'town centre', and a lovely river walk (and a quick detour to investigate a repurposed type 22) later we finally arrived, and after shouting at my bf trying to open a door and walk in Infront of a security camera we noticed a man stood outside smoking so I walked up and we got to chatting, the bunker is now under the ownership of the MAA (museum for archaeology and anthropology) and the extension is being used to house historical artefacts not on display such as old books, weapons and other items of interest, the MAA also plan on opening the RGHQ to the public at some point in September 2023 for annual tours of the site possibly including the original section of the building. As for the original listed section of the RGHQ (the section that saved the whole site from being destroyed by local developers at the acordia site) it's been left untouched minus the demolition of a false floor around the time the MAA moved in (2018)

Attached are (very blurry) photos of the walk down to the site, the repurposed pillbox which is now a home for bats and the side of the original section of the RGHQ. Thanks for reading :)

IMG20221107125733.jpg

IMG20221107130227.jpg

IMG20221107130534.jpg

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Had a few attempts at this over the years with little to no luck. There are some photos online if memory serves me correctly.

Emma567

28DL Member
28DL Member
Had a few attempts at this over the years with little to no luck. There are some photos online if memory serves me correctly.
Sadly with the MAA moving in and increased site security I think the only way in is probably gonna be through the upcoming tours, which is a shame bc official tours just don't have the same atmosphere that urbex has

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Good to know they've not totally destroyed it. Never got a proper explore in either. Only a quick look years ago when they were using it as site offices for the housing development. Was a good one back then!

Who has read this thread (Total: 158) View details