Web
Analytics
Report - - Station house, Oswestry, October 2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Station house, Oswestry, October 2020

Spida

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The history

station house was designed and built by Junior Thomas Penson in 1848 originally used as a station. The station was closed in the late 1960s and was converted into a house. A man and his wife lived here while there daughter lived out back in a caravan. It's been abandoned since around 2015.

The explore

I went here on my own while i was out exploring a few other locations. It looks very nice from the outside with a few out buildings also on the property. I was here a good hour having a nose.

The house that would of looked very beautiful when it was built

A pic from the kitchen, i like the aga

A hallway pic

A side room pic

A family bathroom

Hallway at the top of stairs

i saw this note on the floor, i don't know who they was try to scare lol

A pic from the back room

And the front room

There this sweet looking chandelier in there aswell

Upon leaving the house there's the side room

With a cool looking safe

A pic from one of the garages, i thought that suit thing looked cool

And a pic from a shed out back

These windows on this building/shed thing looked sweet

I popped my head in the old caravan and it's been well trashed

Thanks for looking

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Always like the look of this old station house. The large flag stones, the peaks and troughs. With all those apexs` the attic must be big. I have a thing about diagonal chimneys too. They just look different.

Spida

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Always like the look of this old station house. The large flag stones, the peaks and troughs. With all those apexs` the attic must be big. I have a thing about diagonal chimneys too. They just look different.
Thanks cj, it's very sweet looking building. I did enjoy looking at the brickwork and imagined what the building looked like before it was abandoned. I just hope that it can be saved and maybe made into a family home again.